I Tried

Solon

My wife and I are about to go on our first Azamara cruise.

For the last few weeks I have tried to book an upgrade to the ultimate drinks package and one of the dining packages using the online message form.

Why you need to use a form and simply can not just book online and pay is weird.

After several attempts without a reply, I have just given up.

I hope the cruise will be better than this experience. Never experienced a company that made it so difficult to give them money.

Have I done something wrong?

You can’t book the dining package until you get onboard. As far as booking a beverage package, when you go online on the Azamara.co.uk site, using ‘Onboard Packages’ from the bottom menu on the website, there is a book online button to purchase the beverage packages, plus a UK phone number you can ring. I presume it’s the book online button you have tried to use, though if you’ve tried to book anything through the website today you won’t be able to, as the site is being maintained today.

As you are in the UK you might want to email Richard Twynam, who is Azamara’s UK MD. His email address is RTwynam@azamaraclubcruises.com. He’s usually very responsive.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for your swift reply.

Yes, I followed the instructions using the form with my details and pressed the button.

Obviously, it does’t work.

Thank you for supplying those contact details.

We are nearing sailaway. So, will probably wait now and see if we need the beverage upgrade.

Cheers

OK my worry was if I did not book my dining package in advance would I get the dates we wanted.

If you book onboard, is there a mad scramble to book dates/times?

Do we need to board early?

Thanks

It is so easy to upgrade your drinks package onboard. There will be plenty of opportunities as soon as you step onboard. I actually like doing it this way because bar staff get credit if they sell a package.

Phil

Phil

It sounds like you feel the need to upgrade your package.

Browsing the list of drinks, it appears that you only get port with the ultimate package. And I like port. I could buy it separately though.

When you buy a package onboard do they put a sticker on your card like Celebrity? I do dislike the sticker!

Thanks

OK my worry was if I did not book my dining package in advance would I get the dates we wanted.

If you book onboard, is there a mad scramble to book dates/times?

Do we need to board early?

Thanks

No there’s not a scramble - don’t forget it’s a small ship and lots of people don’t use the speciality restaurants at all.

To make sure you get exactly the dates and times you want, as soon as you get onboard go to Windows buffet on Deck 9. Just inside the entrance is a reservations desk for the speciality restaurants. They will sell you the package and make your bookings for you. The good thing is that they will have dates for things like the White Night, (on deck BBQ and party) so you can make sure your bookings don’t clash.

Sometimes on embarkation day there’s also a reservations table in Discoveries bar on Deck 5 and sometimes there’s one in the terminal building after check-in, but the one in Windows is always there and stays there all the time.

Phil

It sounds like you feel the need to upgrade your package.

Browsing the list of drinks, it appears that you only get port with the ultimate package. And I like port. I could buy it separately though.

When you buy a package onboard do they put a sticker on your card like Celebrity? I do dislike the sticker!

Thanks

I don't always, but if I have OBC to use then I might. I did a b2b2b in June/July. First two I did the package and the last one I didn't. It does depend upon your drink preferences, but in the final assessment, for me at least, the included are fine. It just meant on the package I could upgrade my choice of vodka to Ciroc and have a wider choice of wine with my meal. I don't drink port or brandy or whisky.

They do put a sticker on your card although part way through one cruise I was issued with another room key and they didn't put another on. I just told them I was on the package and it showed up when they ran my card through the till. The bar tenders and servers get to know you pretty quickly too.

Phil

there is a sticker on your card if you purchase either beverage package. I really enjoyed the ultimate beverage package; great champagne whenever i wanted [emoji4]

sent from my ipad using forums

sold! :d

No there’s not a scramble - don’t forget it’s a small ship and lots of people don’t use the speciality restaurants at all.

To make sure you get exactly the dates and times you want, as soon as you get onboard go to Windows buffet on Deck 9. Just inside the entrance is a reservations desk for the speciality restaurants. They will sell you the package and make your bookings for you. The good thing is that they will have dates for things like the White Night, (on deck BBQ and party) so you can make sure your bookings don’t clash.

Sometimes on embarkation day there’s also a reservations table in Discoveries bar on Deck 5 and sometimes there’s one in the terminal building after check-in, but the one in Windows is always there and stays there all the time.

That’s great! We have a plan. I just prefer organising everything in advance, but will now chill. Looking forward to trying Azamara for a change....

Thank you for the advice.

I don't always, but if I have OBC to use then I might. I did a b2b2b in June/July. First two I did the package and the last one I didn't. It does depend upon your drink preferences, but in the final assessment, for me at least, the included are fine. It just meant on the package I could upgrade my choice of vodka to Ciroc and have a wider choice of wine with my meal. I don't drink port or brandy or whisky.

They do put a sticker on your card although part way through one cruise I was issued with another room key and they didn't put another on. I just told them I was on the package and it showed up when they ran my card through the till. The bar tenders and servers get to know you pretty quickly too.

Phil

Thanks, Phil. Unfortunately, I do like port. So I will endure the dreaded sticker.

Cheers

Thanks, Phil. Unfortunately, I do like port. So I will endure the dreaded sticker.

Cheers

I too dislike stickers, I can’t imagine that guest relations would deny a request for a new key card... FYI on your future Celebrity cruises, when you upgrade and have the sticker, go to guest relations and ask for a new key card. It will print with PALL. :D

I too dislike stickers, I can’t imagine that guest relations would deny a request for a new key card... FYI on your future Celebrity cruises, when you upgrade and have the sticker, go to guest relations and ask for a new key card. It will print with PALL. :D

I will! Thanks for that info.

This was not possible on Azamara - but to be honest whats dreaded about the sticker IF it comes off I get another, but the great staff will still get you a drink because they probably have kept a note of your sticker number anyway.

Im more likely to have an issue with my card because its been too near my iPhone

This was not possible on Azamara - but to be honest whats dreaded about the sticker IF it comes off I get another, but the great staff will still get you a drink because they probably have kept a note of your sticker number anyway.

Im more likely to have an issue with my card because its been too near my iPhone

Good to know...Last cruise we had our favorite bars/bartenders and they knew and that we had the UBP.