St. Lucia by cruise ship or all inclusive

beshears

I posted a few days ago, and I don't see the posting, so I will ask again. My computer was acting up, so maybe that was the problem.:(

If you have been to St. Lucia within the past year, did you do it by cruise ship or did an all inclusive? If you did it by cruise ship, which one did you use?

I posted a few days ago, and I don't see the posting, so I will ask again. My computer was acting up, so maybe that was the problem.:(

If you have been to St. Lucia within the past year, did you do it by cruise ship or did an all inclusive? If you did it by cruise ship, which one did you use?

You actually posted to the St Lucia TripAdvisor forum a few days ago - not here.

Here's your thread there.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147342-i247-k11474317-St_Lucia_by_cruise_ship_or_all_inclusive-St_Lucia.html

And here's an extremely similar thread from the TripAdvisor Cruises forum:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10703-k11477146-Opinions-Cruises.html

On this forum - it's essentially going to be all cruisers, as this forum is solely dedicated to cruising - as apparently you are also, given your multiple responses about Cosol Tours today. Obviously, you've visited via cruise ship, so you know what it's like.

They both have pluses and minuses - you can only see a little bit of each stop on a cruise, but you have multiple stops, so see lots if places, unpack once, enjoy the ocean views, included food and entertainment and so forth

AIs, you're in one place longer, but mainly tied to the AI, see little outside of the resort organized tour, etc

There's other options for visiting St Lucia besides ship or AI. Villa, resort, bed and breakfast , etc - all give you more freedom and flexibility to enjoy what the island has to offer versus being locked into an AI, or only having one limited dsy.

Both have their appeal.

Reedprincess, thank you for ALL your help! I don't know why I could not find my question in TA when I went back to look today, but I could not find it, but glad you did.:)Thank you for giving another forum to see where people had answered my question as well.

I know I went to Carnival, Princess, RCCL and Holland American, asking what cruise ship people cruised on, when going to St. Lucia, but even again, I could not find any of those questions that I had posted. Makes me wonder.:confused:

Reedprincess, thank you for ALL your help! I don't know why I could not find my question in TA when I went back to look today, but I could not find it, but glad you did.:)Thank you for giving another forum to see where people had answered my question as well.

I know I went to Carnival, Princess, RCCL and Holland American, asking what cruise ship people cruised on, when going to St. Lucia, but even again, I could not find any of those questions that I had posted. Makes me wonder.:confused:

beshears, if you are asking which cruise ships have a regular stop in St. Lucia, I can help you with Carnival. Carnival Fascination has a regular stop in St. Lucia every Thursday. Fascination's home port is San Juan, Puerto Rico. The regular itinerary is: San Juan (leaving Sundays); Monday - St. Thomas; Tuesday - Sea Day; Wednesday - Barbados; Thursday - St. Lucia; Friday - St. Kitts; Saturday - St. Maarten; Sunday - back in San Juan. There are several cruises on Fascination in 2018 where the sea day is replaced with Dominica or Antigua (was Dominica, but they are still recovering from the hurricane) and the rest of the itinerary is the same. I know that RCI has a ship that is also based in San Juan, year round, but they alternate itineraries from week to week, but St. Lucia is on one of those itineraries. Many other cruise lines have itineraries with St. Lucia is a port stop, but those seem to be seasonal and only during the late fall/winter months.

I know that there are three Sandals AI resorts in St. Lucia. We've never stayed at any of the Sandals in St. Lucia but did stay at one in Negril, Jamaica in 2007. They do have excursions that you can book through Sandals if you wanted to see more of the island. If you go to Sandals' website, they may be listed. When we stayed at the one in Negril, Jamaica in 2007, there were several excursions offered through Sandals. When there, we mainly stayed at the resort, but did do one excursion and enjoyed it. St. Lucia is beautiful, one of my all time favorite islands, so I hope you get an opportunity to get there, whether through cruise ship, an AI, or by one of the other options reedprincess mentioned.

I hope this is helpful. :)

Here on CruiseCritic, if you want to find any post of yours, click on your screen name, and choose "Find All Posts by beshears" it will take you to the page with all your posts, whether threads you started, or comments on someone else's post.

On TripAdvisor, you can do the same thing. Click on your profile name, takes you to your profile page, and there's a list of all your posts, scroll through to the inew you want. Or on the forum you posted in (in the case above, St Lucia), just keep scrolling down to find your post - it may have moved to the next page as only the most current ones - with current comments - are at the top...

Happy sails..

Thank you "both" for your replies. As I have mentioned before, by asking questions, I have learned a lot, and try to pass it on to others.:) I have seen it posted where people have said they are embarrassed to ask questions. I try to reply to them, and tell them "no question" should be embarrassing to ask, as that is how a person learns, and is more informative on different subjects.