Looking for First Crossing Insights

My wife and I are having our first crossing on the Voyager from Barcelona to Miami in November. This will be our 7th RSSC cruise, including twice on the Voyager. Have not been on the line for about 10 years. Great to read about her upgrades and look forward to experiencing the changes. We are going to be spending two nights in Barcelona, which we thoroughly enjoyed on a previous trip. Although NOT newbies to Regent or cruising, we would appreciate some advice on preparing for a 14 day cruise that includes 7 days on the Atlantic ... especially in November! Thanks! Jim

First, hope that you join the Roll Call for this cruise - here is the link https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2596845

The one thing that surprised me when we did our last transatlantic cruise in November was the weather. I packed for cold weather and found almost spring-like weather during most of the cruise. While weather can be unpredictable, in addition to clothing for cool weather, I would recommend packing some lighter clothes as well.

There will be a lot of events onboard during the crossing -- they will likely do the "Country Fair" that is a lot of fun, good lectures, wine tastings, etc. We enjoy crossings and are looking forward to November.

I can’t speak to a November crossing, but for our April TA (same itinerary, but on Mariner), I was pleasantly surprised to find I had packed well. Basically a few pairs of pants each, some short and some 3/4 and long sleeve tops, a couple sweaters and sweatshirt each. Sport coat for Gene, light jackets for both of us. We were ready for both warmer and cooler weather and we had both. Though nothing too cold. We sent laundry out and used the laundry facilities. Easy to just pack for about a week.

There was plenty to do during sea days (that had been one of our concerns). I would definitely do a crossing again!

My wife and I are having our first crossing on the Voyager from Barcelona to Miami in November. This will be our 7th RSSC cruise, including twice on the Voyager. Have not been on the line for about 10 years. Great to read about her upgrades and look forward to experiencing the changes. We are going to be spending two nights in Barcelona, which we thoroughly enjoyed on a previous trip. Although NOT newbies to Regent or cruising, we would appreciate some advice on preparing for a 14 day cruise that includes 7 days on the Atlantic ... especially in November! Thanks! Jim

Hi Jim,

Let me also welcome you to the forum. We will be joining you on this crossing and are anticipating a wonderful trip. We have done two other crossings on Silver Spirit, one of which included this same itinerary. Both were quite enjoyable- calm seas and fair winds. The temps were in mid seventies. We took light jackets, but never used them. The stops in Malaga, Cartegena and Funchal were all shorts or light pants

and short sleeves. We did use the jackets on our return home from Miami. Cleveland sounds like a jacket place[emoji39]

Hope you will sign up for the Meet and Mingle sponsored by Regent. They require at least 12 and last time I checked they hadn’t meet minimum.

Welcome. We love crossings because it gives you the most time on the ship. Your also going in the right direction as the clock is in your favor as you pick up hours. We did November and had so so weather, high winds but nice. We did Lisbon to Miami. You'll have a great time.