Please recommend a tour company in Dubai & A Dhabi

sjgertz

Anyone have a tour guide/company they loved in Dubai? We have a nine hour layover on a flight and want to be picked up and dropped off from the airport - figured it was the same as a day trip on a cruise.

I live in Dubai and am usually the tour guide for my visitors however, I have heard from others that Dubai Private Tour are excellent for both city tours and tours to the other Emirates. Their website is http://www.dubaiprivatetour.com/

Anne...

I live in Dubai and am usually the tour guide for my visitors however, I have heard from others that Dubai Private Tour are excellent for both city tours and tours to the other Emirates. Their website is http://www.dubaiprivatetour.com/

Anne...

Hi Anne-

Are taxis readily available at the cruiseport? We are coming in on Mariner of the Seas next spring and want to make it over to the Miracle Garden.

Carol and Keith

Hi Anne-

Are taxis readily available at the cruiseport? We are coming in on Mariner of the Seas next spring and want to make it over to the Miracle Garden.

Carol and Keith

Yes, taxis are readily available at the cruise terminal when ships are in port..

Anne..

• 2 months later...
Yes, taxis are readily available at the cruise terminal when ships are in port..

Anne..

Hi

About how much is a taxi from the ship to the Burj- I'm trying to figure out how much AED I need to have for 1 and a half days.....(also on the Mariner!)

Thanks

Helaine

Hi

About how much is a taxi from the ship to the Burj- I'm trying to figure out how much AED I need to have for 1 and a half days.....(also on the Mariner!)

Thanks

Helaine

Which Burj - the Burj Khalifa or the Burj Al Arab?

Many cruise lines operate a shuttle between the port and Dubai Mall which is the same location as the Burj Khalifa, but if your does not then a taxi would be around Dhs.50. A taxi to the Burj al Arab which is further from the port would be around Dhs.80..

Anne...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Anne - How would you recommend getting to the Old Town area of Sharjah from the Business Bay area of Dubai without using a tour company? Cab, metro? Thanks.

The metro does not run as far as Sharjah. You could use the Red Line from Business Bay to one of the interchange stations then change to the Green Line that has stations on the Deira side of the city and runs as far as the ‘border’ between Dubai and Sharjah then get a taxi the rest of the way. Other than that you would need to take a taxi or Uber the full way...

Anne...

The metro does not run as far as Sharjah. You could use the Red Line from Business Bay to one of the interchange stations then change to the Green Line that has stations on the Deira side of the city and runs as far as the ‘border’ between Dubai and Sharjah then get a taxi the rest of the way. Other than that you would need to take a taxi or Uber the full way...

Anne...

Hi Anne, do you need an app on your phone that is different from the one used in the USA to request an Uber ride? Is Uber less than taxis ?

Thanks Gayle

Hi Anne, do you need an app on your phone that is different from the one used in the USA to request an Uber ride? Is Uber less than taxis ?

Thanks Gayle

I would have thought it is the same app but I’ve never used Uber in the USA so don’t know if it is a different one. To be honest I don’t find much difference in cost..

Anne

• 2 months later...

Im planning on cruising to the Far East/Middle East in April 2019.

I have never been in that side of the world. I would be so thrilled to get to see the incredible Dubai and A Dhabi.

I will be disembarked in DUbai port. I would like to stay back before flying home at least 2, 3 nights. Please help me with some of the hotel names (central walking or touristy kind of areas- first timer). I really need also the name of a trusted tour company can help me with sightseeing, tours, including transfer from ship to hotel...etc...I prefer not to do the HOHO.

Thank you in advance for all your advises.

Anne...

Hi Anne, re hotel in Dubai, what are your thoughts on the Carlton Palace Hotel? Is it easy to get to places like burg Khalifa, burg Al Arab,the Gold Souk and the Dubai Mall from there, and is the hotel in a good location in your opinion?

Hi Anne, re hotel in Dubai, what are your thoughts on the Carlton Palace Hotel? Is it easy to get to places like burg Khalifa, burg Al Arab,the Gold Souk and the Dubai Mall from there, and is the hotel in a good location in your opinion?

It isn't a hotel or location that I would recommend to visitors as it is located in Al Maktoum Street on the Deira side of the city (i.e. the commercial area of old Dubai). The only one of your listed sites it would be close to is the Gold or Spice Souk. The Burj Khalifa, Burj Al Arab, Dubai Mall or Mall of the Emirates (indoor ski slope) are all over the other side of the city. If you want to stay closer to those then I would recommend looking at hotels either along Sh. Zayed Road or in the Downtown/Business Bay area, which also has better access to the Metro as the Red Line runs right along Sh. Zayed Road from Dubai World Trade Centre with stops at regular intervals...

Anne..

There is another recent thread on here with some tour company and hotel information...

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2555744

If you need anything more specific please post and I'll help if I can however, as per my reply to the most recent poster, if you want to stay somewhere with easy access to sights such as those mentioned, and for a trip to Abu Dhabi during your stay I would also suggest looking at hotels in the Sh. Zayed Road, Downtown/Business Bay area...

Anne..

I know you said you prefer not to do HOHO, but the ones in Dubai are good. There are 3 routes and it includes a guided walk and a boat ride on the creek.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree but it depends on the time of year guests are visiting and their tolerance of the heat. I had friends here recently on the QM2 and the Crystal Serenity that were both in port during the second half of April, and this year there has been a weather front across the Middle East bringing unseasonably high temps with it throughout April... If the weather is good then it's a great way to get an overview of Dubai...

Anne..

The HOHO is Dubai is one of the best in the world. Wear a hat and protect yourself from sunburn.

Otherwise taxis are really cheap and there will be heaps of private companies offering tours at the pier. Dubai is really safe and people are genuinely friendly and helpful so you won't get ripped off. Just make sure you know where you want to go and negotiate the price before you get into the taxi. Also if you want to go the top of Burj el Khalifa book in advance online.

It isn't a hotel or location that I would recommend to visitors as it is located in Al Maktoum Street on the Deira side of the city (i.e. the commercial area of old Dubai). The only one of your listed sites it would be close to is the Gold or Spice Souk. The Burj Khalifa, Burj Al Arab, Dubai Mall or Mall of the Emirates (indoor ski slope) are all over the other side of the city. If you want to stay closer to those then I would recommend looking at hotels either along Sh. Zayed Road or in the Downtown/Business Bay area, which also has better access to the Metro as the Red Line runs right along Sh. Zayed Road from Dubai World Trade Centre with stops at regular intervals...

Anne..

Thanks, Anne, I will look at the other area you mentioned. Thank you.