Advice needed for travel/medical insurance

I am going on a 5 day with my 3 boys in April. Ages are 15, 14, & 9.

Port stops are Cozumel and Progresso.

I am mostly concerned with medical since “boys will be boys” lol What companies do you all recommend? I’ve never purchased travel/medical insurance before but I think that I most definitely should for this trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am going on a 5 day with my 3 boys in April. Ages are 15' date=' 14, & 9.

I am mostly concerned with medical since “boys will be boys” lol What companies do you all recommend? I’ve never purchased travel/medical insurance before but I think that I most definitely should for this trip!

Boys being boys probably excludes preexisting conditions. You might consider whetherether the credit card with which you paid for the trip offers sufficient coverage.

Boys being boys probably excludes preexisting conditions. You might consider whetherether the credit card with which you paid for the trip offers sufficient coverage.

Boys being boys has nothing to do with pre-existing conditions. I don’t understand what you are trying to say..

I am going on a 5 day with my 3 boys in April. Ages are 15' date=' 14, & 9.

We'd recommend you contact www.TripInsuranceStore.com

TALK with someone there.

The fine print is too important in travel insurance (any insurance, actually).

The commission is paid by the insurer.

We've used Travel Insured, and had excellent service with claims, two of them large.

(There is another insurer offering coverage for pre-existing conditions if you already paid deposits more than 20 days ago.)

Enjoy!

GC

We'd recommend you contact www.TripInsuranceStore.com

TALK with someone there.

The fine print is too important in travel insurance (any insurance, actually).

The commission is paid by the insurer.

We've used Travel Insured, and had excellent service with claims, two of them large.

(There is another insurer offering coverage for pre-existing conditions if you already paid deposits more than 20 days ago.)

Enjoy!

GC

Thank you. I’ve been chatting with a gentleman from InsureMyTrip to help me find the best coverage for us. None of my boys have been hurt since last May while we were vacationing in Florida. My now 14 year old got hurt on an inflatable while playing so that made me realize how easy accidents can happen. :)

I’m not trying to be difficult, I just don’t understand what you mean..

One thing to look out for is that policies vary on which particular sports or activities can be considered "dangerous" and are excluded. For example, policies may exclude ziplining, or water sports, or cycling, or they may allow cycling but not race cycling or stunt cycling, or they may allow snorkelling but not scuba diving, or allow scuba diving to 30 feet but not below, or not allow snorkelling or scuba diving. Make sure you know what's offered,

I’m not trying to be difficult' date=' I just don’t understand what you mean..

Sorry for my poor communication. I meant to say that medical risks for youngsters typically is much different than young adults or older adults.

Most older adults die from cancer, heart disease, diabetes, or stoke. If one is concerned about pre-existing condition waivers, it is older adults who tend to suffer from conditions in which prior evidence exists.

In contrast most youngsters have not yet faced these types of maladies, and if they require medical care abroad, it is most likely due to accidents. And, most accidents (unless automobile/pedestrian collisions) are not the type that will bankrupt one.

If concerned about trip cancellation, youngsters are unlikely to have a prexisting condition that obviates coverage.

So, perhaps you don't have to worry about trip insurance for your kids, just charge their non-reimbursable expenses on a suitable credit card. For older adults, it may pay to purchase separate trip insurance that covers pre-existing conditions and has a high benefit for foreign medical care.

Hope that explains it. :)

Sorry for my poor communication. I meant to say that medical risks for youngsters typically is much different than young adults or older adults.

Most older adults die from cancer, heart disease, diabetes, or stoke. If one is concerned about pre-existing condition waivers, it is older adults who tend to suffer from conditions in which prior evidence exists.

In contrast most youngsters have not yet faced these types of maladies, and if they require medical care abroad, it is most likely due to accidents. And, most accidents (unless automobile/pedestrian collisions) are not the type that will bankrupt one.

If concerned about trip cancellation, youngsters are unlikely to have a prexisting condition that obviates coverage.

So, perhaps you don't have to worry about trip insurance for your kids, just charge their non-reimbursable expenses on a suitable credit card. For older adults, it may pay to purchase separate trip insurance that covers pre-existing conditions and has a high benefit for foreign medical care.

Hope that explains it. :)

Thank you for clarifying. :)

My biggest concern is one of my boys having an accident on the ship, playing at the water park or even on the inflatables at the beach club that we are going to. Especially Since this happened on a past vacation in Florida. I’ve had a long talk with my boys about being more aware of their actions and to use their heads! I discussed all of my concerns with the gentleman I spoke with before I purchased the travel/medical. I believe the policy I purchased is a great one for our needs. No one expects to have an accident on vacation but I would rather be over prepared than not prepared at all! I never even considered purchasing travel on my previous cruise but with my kids going this time, it gives me peace of mind to have this extra coverage. I’m also extremely grateful for all of you on CC to help with my concerns and questions! This is a great forum for support!

One thing to look out for is that policies vary on which particular sports or activities can be considered "dangerous" and are excluded. For example, policies may exclude ziplining, or water sports, or cycling, or they may allow cycling but not race cycling or stunt cycling, or they may allow snorkelling but not scuba diving, or allow scuba diving to 30 feet but not below, or not allow snorkelling or scuba diving. Make sure you know what's offered,

Thank you! I never thought about that. But I did decide not to do any excursions that would be considered “dangerous” bc my boys are boys and anything can happen and I’d rather be safe than sorry.