Question about Docking in Outer Mole and Transportation/Excursions

sailawaybellaluna

Hello all,

I checked the cruise ship pier schedule for Key West, and found our ship (the Rotterdam) will be at the Outer Mole dock.

Some of the information I've found on here is a bit dated, so I thought I'd ask for more recent information...

Is this pier still in a secured area? Are we not able to walk freely to and from the ship? Is there a free shuttle that takes us to Mallory Square? Does this run constantly? If we book an excursion through the cruiseline, do we hop directly on a HAL bus or do the excursions still begin in Mallory Square?

I'd appreciate any input you have on this! It's not a big deal for my family, but I have some extended family traveling with us and one of them has mobility issues...So I'd like to figure this out in advance to help make things simpler for them the day we arrive.

Thank you!

Was on the Veendam this past week and yes, still a secured area. There is a free shuttle that runs between dockside and drops you by Duval and Front at the Conch train depot and runs all day. We only waited 10 minutes when we returned back to the ship, and basically walked off the ship and stepped right on when going in.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

Was on the Veendam this past week and yes, still a secured area. There is a free shuttle that runs between dockside and drops you by Duval and Front at the Conch train depot and runs all day. We only waited 10 minutes when we returned back to the ship, and basically walked off the ship and stepped right on when going in.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

Great to know! Thank you for this information!