Key West Hop on Hop off and Butterfly Conservatory

musik07

I am looking at this tour through Celebrity (it is cheaper to buy them combined, and we have shipboard credit to spend). Does anyone know if you have to go to the conservatory and hop on at a set time or if you can go at your will? We are looking for a last back day, and we would like to make the most of our time, and not spend any of the day waiting around on the ship for a tour. Possibly getting of and roaming around a bit in the early morning, then walking to the Conservatory , then picking up the hop-on for the afternoon. Or do we have to follow a set schedule? It seems like something that would be somewhat on your own. I would like to book before we get onboard if possible!

Its only about a 22-25 minute walk to the Butterfly Conservatory from Mallory Square.

Nearest Old Time Trolley stop would be #11 in front of the gift shop - we always stay in that area when we visit KW and know that stop well, lol. As KeyWester33 stated, you can get on/off at any stop, just be aware that the trolley's can get pretty full when ships are in port and as people get on/off here to go see the iconic Southernmost Point in the US buoy

I understand that I can get on and off. And I was able to google map the distances. What I need to know is if the tour requires us to go to the Butterflies as a group first and wait on a guide, or if this just gives us tickets to both and we are free to go as we please. I wouldn't want to waste my port time waiting! It doesn't say online. If we left the ship first thing I would also be happy. But I wouldn't want to wait around for a 10 or 11 am excursion!