Eeeeek cancel cruise? Allianz

Lee2385

So I leave next Saturday April 7 for my cruise. I was just released from the hospital and have to have an ERCP procedure on Wed April 4. I am PRAYING I’ll be ok but worst case I have to cancel, anyone know what my chances will be for reimbursement from Allianz Travel Insurance???

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No, I do not know, but my experience with patients having an ERCP, they sometimes develop Pancreatitis after wards. Not saying that will happen, but be prepared to cancel your cruise. Are you having problems currently that are making this necessary at this time, or can it be postponed until after cruise?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So I leave next Saturday April 7 for my cruise. I was just released from the hospital and have to have an ERCP procedure on Wed April 4. I am PRAYING I’ll be ok but worst case I have to cancel, anyone know what my chances will be for reimbursement from Allianz Travel Insurance???

Thanks

Probably best to review the insurance policy or call Allianz to get information specific to the policy you purchased and how reimbursement will work if you need to cancel. I’m not sure anyone here can give you an accurate representation of your chances to get reimbursed if you need to cancel. Hope you are still able to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Dr’s all seem to think I’ll be good to go but of course I like to prepare. I have my paperwork from Allianz but I also saw reviews where some said they weren’t remimbursed for things so I wanted to see if anyone could share their experience. I filed a claim last year when hubs visited the infirmary and they were great but a cancellation makes me nervous!!!! Dr thinks a stone from a 2012 gallbladder removal or leak may be present since that removal nicked my liver. I feel great today but that is too close for comfort and since Easter is this weekend it’s throwing schedules crazy!! Thank you all so much!!!

We had to cancel 3 days before we were due to leave on a cruise 2 years ago due to a health issue and hospitalization. Allianz was great, got forms filled out by my MD, filed the claim and received payment within 5 weeks. They were very easy to deal with.

Hope things work out for you and you are able to go.

We had to cancel 2 days after final payment for medical reasons. Got the doctor's diagnosis and other documentation and submitted online. Claim was approved and paid in 2 weeks. It was the least stressful activity we had during a stressful time (all is OK now and we took the same cruise the year following).

Hope all works out for you.

Thanks

Since we have no clue what coverage you purchased, any "guesses" we make have a high probability of being inaccurate.

So I leave next Saturday April 7 for my cruise. I was just released from the hospital and have to have an ERCP procedure on Wed April 4. I am PRAYING I’ll be ok but worst case I have to cancel
I wish you good health and a speedy recovery. Checking my own Allianz documentation:
For all of the covered reasons outlined below, You must notify the appropriate travel supplier(s) of Your cancellation or interruption within 72 hours of the occurrence, unless the condition prevents it, then as soon as reasonably possible. Otherwise the right to compensation will lapse.

A maximum benefit of up to the amount indicated on Your Letter of Confirmation is provided to cover certain expenses as listed below which result from the cancellation or interruption of Your Trip due to:

1. Any serious Injury or any unforeseen serious medicalcondition:a. Occurring to You or a Traveling Companion, which isso disabling as to cause a reasonable person todelay, cancel, or interrupt their Trip;b. Occurring to a Family Member that is considered lifethreatening or requiring hospitalization; orc. Occurring to a Family Member requiring Your care.

For Trip Cancellation benefits: an actual examination by a Physician must take place within 72 hours of the cancellation.

Read your own copy of the policy, and get the documentation.

I wish you good health and a speedy recovery. Checking my own Allianz documentation:Read your own copy of the policy' date=' and get the documentation.[/quote']

I appreciate you taking the time to do that!! Mine says the same, the $1500 is pp correct????

I appreciate you taking the time to do that!! Mine says the same, the $1500 is pp correct????
Because I have a longer cruise scheduled, mine is $2,000 per person, although after I have the plane tickets and hotel room. By the time I make the final payment, I may have to purchase slightly more coverage. (Yes, traveling solo is expensive, even when you book a inside cave).

Having said that, if your policy says $1,500 per person, that's the maximum per person that the insurance will pay out.

Because I have a longer cruise scheduled' date=' mine is $2,000 per person, although after I have the plane tickets and hotel room. By the time I make the final payment, I may have to purchase slightly more coverage. (Yes, traveling solo is expensive, even when you book a inside cave).

Having said that, if your policy says $1,500 per person, that's the maximum per person that the insurance will pay out.[/quote']

Awesome!!! Thank you so much!! You’ve been so helpful!!!