Wedding Aboard Anthem of the Seas

atam91

I'm happy to share what I have! The brochure on their site is quite different than the actual offerings. They only give you the official option book once you put a deposit down, but I can send it to you and share my experience and learnings. Shoot me an email. My address is my full name (First name is on my user name) Erin Miller at GMail, no spaces between my first middle and last name.

Hi - could I trouble you for this too - my email is rossmason72@gmail.com - I am just in the early planning stages and dont have much confidence in the planner so far!

Congratulations! We are a group of 56 so much less than yours. I was opting for Boleros (can hold up to 75 people only) at first because I wanted it to be intimate but Laura suggested not to do that becuase we might feel tight in there. So, Music Hall it is. We don't really mind. We are go with the flow kind of people. We tried to do the restaurant buy out of Chops but was not approved by RC. Probably my fault tho for trying to book it so late. Lol I'm a big procrastinator. Since we are getting married on a Sea Day, I had to notarize some papers then have them certiied by the county clerk of which the notary was qualified then went to NYC to get apostille by the NY dept of state. Then scanned them & emailed to Laura. Once she got the approval from the Bahamas, I sent her the paperwork via FedEx.

I just sent in my wedding documents for the actual wedding yesterday. I still have to finish the DJ form. We just put our guest welcome bags into 2 big suitcase and a small one to be brought on board (by groomsmen) to be given to our steward. The steward will then put them in the designated rooms during turn down service. I guess that's all for now. Will update when I get more info.Are you getting married on a sea day or embarkation? Are you doing welcome bags?

Hi there. We are also hoping to get married at sea. Is is true that you had to pay for the license from the Bahamas, as well as $900 for International water?? Thanks

Hello Wedding Cruisers;

I am planning a Vow Renewal Ceremony during our August, 2019 cruise on the Anthem. I would appreciate any helpful tips. We are looking for a simple ceremony follow by a light reception. I have read the previous post s. And my military mindset is not at ease with some of the commo issues with RCCL.

• 1 month later...

We got married last year on Oasis of the Seas embarkation day. Lots of bad communication before with planning but it all turned out pretty well in Dazzles. Let me know if there is anything I can answer

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think I ever responded to your post, I'm sorry! Happy soon-to-be wedding! I was actually speaking to Laura a couple weeks back and she mentioned your April 1st wedding. Since she has now left the company, do you think you could share photos of the set up of the day? I also want a full recap when you're back! We are doing an embarkation day wedding. I'm debating about going to a local judge a few days before the wedding and making it "official" then to avoid dealing with the legal paperwork with the company. But, it sounds like it wasn't so bad for you, maybe I'll just let them do it. We are doing welcome bags for our cruising family members. Non-cruising guests will only get a cookie to take home. No cruise, no cool favors! haha. Again, good luck and if you're reading this after 4/1, congratulations! I can't wait to hear about your day.

Congratulations! We are a group of 56 so much less than yours. I was opting for Boleros (can hold up to 75 people only) at first because I wanted it to be intimate but Laura suggested not to do that becuase we might feel tight in there. So, Music Hall it is. We don't really mind. We are go with the flow kind of people. We tried to do the restaurant buy out of Chops but was not approved by RC. Probably my fault tho for trying to book it so late. Lol I'm a big procrastinator. Since we are getting married on a Sea Day, I had to notarize some papers then have them certiied by the county clerk of which the notary was qualified then went to NYC to get apostille by the NY dept of state. Then scanned them & emailed to Laura. Once she got the approval from the Bahamas, I sent her the paperwork via FedEx.

I just sent in my wedding documents for the actual wedding yesterday. I still have to finish the DJ form. We just put our guest welcome bags into 2 big suitcase and a small one to be brought on board (by groomsmen) to be given to our steward. The steward will then put them in the designated rooms during turn down service. I guess that's all for now. Will update when I get more info.

Are you getting married on a sea day or embarkation? Are you doing welcome bags?

Hi there. We are also hoping to get married at sea. Is is true that you had to pay for the license from the Bahamas, as well as $900 for International water?? Thanks

Hi, congrats! We paid about $500 but I'll confirm with u when I find my papers Lol. I' a mess

I don't think I ever responded to your post, I'm sorry! Happy soon-to-be wedding! I was actually speaking to Laura a couple weeks back and she mentioned your April 1st wedding. Since she has now left the company, do you think you could share photos of the set up of the day? I also want a full recap when you're back! We are doing an embarkation day wedding. I'm debating about going to a local judge a few days before the wedding and making it "official" then to avoid dealing with the legal paperwork with the company. But, it sounds like it wasn't so bad for you, maybe I'll just let them do it. We are doing welcome bags for our cruising family members. Non-cruising guests will only get a cookie to take home. No cruise, no cool favors! haha. Again, good luck and if you're reading this after 4/1, congratulations! I can't wait to hear about your day.

It's okay. Omg!!! Wedding in 3 days!!!! Lol

Yes, once again we have a new planner. Like ***... They need to get it together! Anyways,

I think it' a good idea to go to the judge but the thing I don' like about that is I don' know if u can have the same date on paper as your celebration. I wanted it to be same so I just went ahead and did all that. I think it' great that they are only getting cookies!! Lol our wedding bags have so much swag in them that some of them broke so just changed bags or I pit new ones in the bags.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to email me for better communication with pics and docs with subject #DrewAndFeWedAtSea

Missy.stuffs@gmail.com

That's also our Instagram/fb hashtag lol

• 8 months later...
On 6/23/2017 at 4:57 PM, atam91 said:

sonysita: Thank you so much for replying to this thread! We are having our embarkation day wedding on July 7th, 2018 and have (had?) Puneet Dadiala as our wedding coordinator too! I actually just sent her an email asking a question a few days ago, but got a standard notice saying she is out of office - we were not informed that she left the company! They will certainly be getting a phone call from us. I wish you the best of luck working with the new coordinator!

Getting the information has not been easy. We put down our deposit and received the contract and wedding package selection form at this point, but communicating our questions has been a nightmare. We were also not thrilled with the wording of the contract basically stating that if something happens to delay/prevent the sailing and wedding from happening (in the case of failure on their part or an "act of god"), we would still be liable to pay for the wedding regardless. We actually ended up purchasing outside wedding insurance to cover emergency situations such as that.

I didn't realize that they switched companies earlier this year. Unfortunately, some of the negative things I've read seems to still be holding true. Hoping that it gets easier as time moves along!

Hi! I am looking for an insurance company for my sister's upcoming wedding in Bermuda. What company did you use??