Photos From Fremantle/Perth, Australia

Keith1010

There are certainly many more things to do in Fremantle and Perth and in the surrounding areas.

We had a great time.

We love each and every place we have visited in Australia whether it is a large or small city.

Keith

I believe the Swan Bells but I could be mistaken.

DSC_2552.jpg

The Bell Tower, unfortunately now "drowned out" by the construction of hotels and apartments around the newly constructed Elizabeth Quay.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for the lovely pictures from my home town.

Keith in post #7 you have a picture of The Monk. It is one of a number of boutique brewery/restaurants in Fremantle. We have enjoyed a couple of nice lunches there in the sunshine with friends. They will even do a "flight of six beers" which is fun to share with friends. Some very interesting beers served up. One of the other interesting restaurant/boutique brewery is little creatures which is more in the port area near the Ferris Wheel. Actually their off shoot Little Creatures Next Door is my favourite. Maybe because of all the mismatched chairs and sofas and great deck overlooking the harbour.

Did you go to the Maritime Museum when you were in Fremantle? I must admit not having gone there yet but friends have said it was well done.

Unfortunately the plastic bag sculptures were only temporary but the other statues are still there. If anyone likes interesting sculptures and is here during March we have our Sculptures by the Sea at Cottesloe Beach which is one of our Iconic Beaches.

http://sculpturebythesea.com/cottesloe/

It is run by the same company that does Sculptures By the Sea at Bondi......

http://sculpturebythesea.com/bondi/

Did you see that exhibition while you were there in Sydney Keith? It is a lovely walk along the headlands between the beaches, though it does get crowded at times.

Perth is in a big rebuilding phase at the moment so I apologise to people for the mess but it is improving and in hopefully a year or two it will mainly be finished.

Julie

The Bell Tower, unfortunately now "drowned out" by the construction of hotels and apartments around the newly constructed Elizabeth Quay.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh sorry to hear that. Unfortunately what we see in so many cities with the rapid growth in so many parts of the world.

Keith

Thank you for the lovely pictures from my home town.

Keith in post #7 you have a picture of The Monk. It is one of a number of boutique brewery/restaurants in Fremantle. We have enjoyed a couple of nice lunches there in the sunshine with friends. They will even do a "flight of six beers" which is fun to share with friends. Some very interesting beers served up. One of the other interesting restaurant/boutique brewery is little creatures which is more in the port area near the Ferris Wheel. Actually their off shoot Little Creatures Next Door is my favourite. Maybe because of all the mismatched chairs and sofas and great deck overlooking the harbour.

Did you go to the Maritime Museum when you were in Fremantle? I must admit not having gone there yet but friends have said it was well done.

Unfortunately the plastic bag sculptures were only temporary but the other statues are still there. If anyone likes interesting sculptures and is here during March we have our Sculptures by the Sea at Cottesloe Beach which is one of our Iconic Beaches.

http://sculpturebythesea.com/cottesloe/

It is run by the same company that does Sculptures By the Sea at Bondi......

http://sculpturebythesea.com/bondi/

Did you see that exhibition while you were there in Sydney Keith? It is a lovely walk along the headlands between the beaches, though it does get crowded at times.

Perth is in a big rebuilding phase at the moment so I apologise to people for the mess but it is improving and in hopefully a year or two it will mainly be finished.

Julie

Julie, thank you so very much for all of the terrific information. I have made a note of the name of The Monk so that we stop in on our next visit. Thank you. Yes, we did visit the Maritime Museum and likewise thought it was done very well.

Unfortunately we did not see the sculptures on our visit to Sydney. It would have been interesting. Liked the photo you posted.

Thank you again.

Keith

• 4 weeks later...