Sony A6300

c230k

I had my chance to take my 18-135mm lens outdoors finally this weekend.

Thank you!

Mine arrived yesterday and I was amazed at its size. My filter for the lens arrived at the same time.

Looking forward to trying it out.I noticed that the samples here were jpegs and was amazed. Got to take a look later today at your dpreview;

A6700 sounds awesome. Then again, A9R sounds ominous as well - A9 speed, EVF, non-rolling-silent-shutter, and performance with A7R type 42MP sensor? Oh my...though the price would probably be even more ominous.

I still want the A6500 with the A9 full-live EVF, rolling-free silent shutter, focus speed and performance, BSI sensor, buffer, and larger battery. That would be my kryptonite.

A6700 sounds awesome. Then again, A9R sounds ominous as well - A9 speed, EVF, non-rolling-silent-shutter, and performance with A7R type 42MP sensor? Oh my...though the price would probably be even more ominous.

I still want the A6500 with the A9 full-live EVF, rolling-free silent shutter, focus speed and performance, BSI sensor, buffer, and larger battery. That would be my kryptonite.

I'm unsure why that camera would make you weak, unable to move and vulnerable to injury....

Dave

Weak because my mind telling me I don't need another camera body upgrade would fail miserably, unable to move because of the paralysis of reaching for my wallet AGAIN for a camera purchase after having just bought two more lenses in three months when I declared I didn't need any more lenses...and vulnerable to injury because of all my family and friends slapping me in the face for continuing to spend so much on camera equipment, which to them makes as much sense as a chef buying 12 ovens for his kitchen. And also, injury from me kicking myself in my own behind for being so weak and mentally feeble in the face of G.A.S.

Weak because my mind telling me I don't need another camera body upgrade would fail miserably, unable to move because of the paralysis of reaching for my wallet AGAIN for a camera purchase after having just bought two more lenses in three months when I declared I didn't need any more lenses...and vulnerable to injury because of all my family and friends slapping me in the face for continuing to spend so much on camera equipment, which to them makes as much sense as a chef buying 12 ovens for his kitchen. And also, injury from me kicking myself in my own behind for being so weak and mentally feeble in the face of G.A.S.

Nicely played, sir. Nicely played.

Dave

Hmmm, since I am looking at what to rent for my Alaskan cruise in September I wonder if it will be available to try out with the 100-400FE that's in the cart. By the way should I also look at the 1.4 converter to lug around also?

John

Hmmm, since I am looking at what to rent for my Alaskan cruise in September I wonder if it will be available to try out with the 100-400FE that's in the cart. By the way should I also look at the 1.4 converter to lug around also?

John

As of right now, the "A-whatever-the-heck" is only in the fairly reliable rumor stage. As busy as Sony has been in the Full-frame business, it has been MIA in the APS-C arena for a couple of years and with the release of the 18-135 APS-C lens, I tend to agree with the rumormongers that a release is not too far away. That said, I would plan on shooting with the body you have and don't fret a new release.

Wish I was heading back to Alaska with you, John. I'm so ready to go back.

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

I'm curious, my lenses fit much more tightly on the 6300 than the 6000. At first I couldn't get my new 35 1.8 to seat completely. Luckily I had the 6000 to try it on and it went on very smoothly. After trying several other lenses I realized that all of them fit more tightly, but I had only put the 18-135 on, and left it there.

Is this because of weatherproofing? Because it's new and will loosen up with use? Unusual?

enhance

enhance

Anniversary yesterday:)

Thanks,

Vic

I'm curious, my lenses fit much more tightly on the 6300 than the 6000. At first I couldn't get my new 35 1.8 to seat completely. Luckily I had the 6000 to try it on and it went on very smoothly. After trying several other lenses I realized that all of them fit more tightly, but I had only put the 18-135 on, and left it there.

Is this because of weatherproofing? Because it's new and will loosen up with use? Unusual?

Anniversary yesterday:)

Thanks,

Vic

Happy Anniversary!

Ironic timing on your question, as I nearly posted the same thing two days ago, when my new a6300 body arrived. (Like you, I also have an a6000). My initial reaction was -- there's something wrong with the lens mount! At first, I could not get my 16-50 mm lens to seat, using the same (pretty slight) twist I was used to applying with the a6000. A stronger twist did it, and it took a good bit of twist to get it off. Same with the 18-200. But I was concerned about whether this was normal.

I then Googled something like "tight lens mount on Sony a6300" and found some discussion of this. Nothing wrong with the camera, this is how it's supposed to be. According to the discussion, it's a stronger metal mount with a tighter seal. Apparently the same on the a6500. See for example:

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4200954

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3992994

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4110062