Electrical Outlets in FP-Moorea

kkelley

Do we need to take any type of converters for pre cruise stay in Moorea?

We are staying pre cruise in a small property and do wish to be able to charge our camera and phones and (maybe) use a hair dryer (LOL) MAYBE :') :')

Would prefer to take with us instead of worrying about purchasing in FP.

Thank you !

Do we need to take any type of converters for pre cruise stay in Moorea?

We are staying pre cruise in a small property and do wish to be able to charge our camera and phones and (maybe) use a hair dryer (LOL) MAYBE :') :')

Would prefer to take with us instead of worrying about purchasing in FP.

Thank you !

Yes, I would take converters. We stayed at the IC on Moorea and there was a shaver outlet up high in the bathroom and several round European outlets (type E) elsewhere in our bungalow. I suspect a smaller property would not be much different.

Be careful with hair dryers and voltage. Even with a converter they can overheat and burn out. The IC provided a hair dryer, but the guesthouse we stayed at in Papeete did not.

We purchased converters on amazon and took them along. They were also handy on the PG since that made more of those outlets useful as well.

You probably need an adapter, not a converter. An adapter allows the US style plug to plug into the two round European style plug (220 volt) that is used in the region. Most cameras, iPhones, etc. can accept 220 volt input. Look on the charging block for your device to ensure it states 110-220. Presuming it does you can get by with a $2 adapter. If it does not state 110-220 v and you use an adapter you will fry your device. In all likelihood you will not be able to use your hair dryer.

You can purchase a converter which does, as the name states, converts 220 volts to 110 volts.

Thank you for the responses. So I need to purchase an adapter.. not a converter. In all seriousness.. I will not be bring a hair dryer, but will perhaps use a flatiron/curling iron. Maybe ;p

So once we are on the PG will I be able to use a flatiron/curling iron in our stateroom?

Honestly, I am so embarrassed to say we did the 7 day cruise for our 25th anniversary on the PG and I do not remember details.

I know pre cruise will be very casual in Moorea, but once on the PG will certainly want to dress and style appropriate.

Thanks to all

Kim

I can't remember if there is a hair dryer in the stateroom on the PG?

Thanks again!

There is, and it was probably the best hair dryer I've ever used from a cruise ship! Plus, added bonus: it plugs into the European outlet so you can start heating up your flat iron in the US outlet at the same time!!

37756311451_be9678cde1_c.jpg