Carnival Horizon with a baby!

MermaidM0mma

Hey everyone.

My family and I just booked an 8 day cruise with Carnival for October. My now 6 month old will be 1 by then. Just curious on what excursions to do, what not to do, and any advice from parents who have already done this.

We have an 10 year old daughter as well so we want to make this fun and enjoyable for everyone.

Also, I know that my son cannot participate in the kid clubs but any chance anyone here has any information on the childcare service they do offer for them? In case Husband and I may want a couple hours off? Thanks!

From the Carnival website:

Activities

Children under-2 may not participate in the scheduled activities we offer to the other age groups. There are no age exceptions to this policy.

Hours

Camp Ocean is unable to accept children under the age of 2 during activity time. Children under the age of 2 are welcome to join Camp during specific times listed here.

• Sea Days: There are limited times throughout the cruise for ‘Under 2' time. During these times, parents have the option of leaving their child in the care of the Youth Staff (fees apply: $6.75 USD per hour plus a 15% gratuity, per child) – or - they can stay and use the camp facility at no charge. This time is designated for the use of 'Under 2’s' and their parents only. Check onboard for specific times offered. Hours may vary due to cruise itineraries.
  • Port Days: While in in port, parents have the option of leaving their child in the care of the Youth Staff (fees apply: $6.75 USD per hour plus a 15% gratuity, per child), however, we do not provide meal times for children Under 2.
  • Evenings: Night Owls - for details and fees, see Night Owls (babysitting). From 10:00pm-1:00am each evening in the camp facility, a ‘slumber party’ type atmosphere, including movie time, toys and room service snacks. During this time, there will be children from other age groups (2-11 years) participating in Night Owls. Cribs are available if needed.