Walk to Fish Fry

mram

We are going to be in Nassau on Saturday. How is the walk to Fish Fry? Or should what transportation should we take? Is it worth it?

Thanks.

We were in Nassau on 3/29. We walked to Fish Fry. I'd say 25 to 30 minutes.

We were walking with another couple, and when almost to Fish Fry a local started walking with us...saying he would show us the "best" food at Fish Fry. I quickly suspected his goal was to steer us to his friend's restaurant. The other couple followed him...we broke off and went our own way because I wanted to see what else was available.

We ended up at Twin Brothers. Had the conch fritters and fried fish fingers (which was fresh grouper). Both were delicious.

I had a local beer, my wife ordered a strawberry smoothie with rum. The smoothie was surprising...the color was a bright, bright, bright red! Plenty of rum...no complaints there.

We decided to take a taxi back to the ship...some sand that had gotten in my wife's sandals was bothering her. I asked our Twin Brothers waitress how we could get a taxi...she went out front and signaled to one of the waiting taxis a hundred yards away...and we were on our way back to the ship. Cost, for my wife and I, was $12 total. Our driver was Wellington...a life-long local and he was delightful -- he made the short trip back to the ship fun.

• 4 weeks later...