Free image hosting for cruise review - without bandwidth restrictions?

Hey everyone. I have one of the most popular cruise reviews on this site and haven't logged in for a few years but realized that the photos are no longer showing because my once free photobucket account would now cost $100 a year. As much as I want everyone to be able to see my detailed photo reviews, I don't want to have to pay $100 a year to share photos in my reviews and would not use the service for anything else.

I am about to go on another cruise in May and MIGHT do a photo review for it also if I can get this figure out. The hosting site must give links that can be embedded into the posts for each individual photo so that they display properly and since a bunch of people will pounce on reading the review when it goes up, the place the images are being viewed from needs to not have a crappy bandwidth limit. Thanks in advance!

I was a 13 year photobucket user, but now am securely with Shutterfly. You might be able to see your photobucket pics again by googling 'photobucket embed fix' and download the one for your browser/browsers. EM

You can open an Amazon AWS account and get a ton of hosting stuff free for a year. After that it if you keep the account it costs, and you have to be IT savvy to set it up, but I thought it worth mentioning.

I am not IT savvy, sadly. :( But thank you for the suggestion!

I use Shutterfly with 0 problems

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for the suggestion. I have never had any issues with the free Photobucket account for blog posts but when I post reviews here on Cruise Critic and over 100,000 people read and interact with my review repeatedly, it really makes the bandwidth go crazy and then all of my images get replaced with bandwidth errors. :(

I was a 13 year photobucket user, but now am securely with Shutterfly. You might be able to see your photobucket pics again by googling 'photobucket embed fix' and download the one for your browser/browsers. EM

If you click on my Carnival Dream review link in my signature, are you able to see the photos? I don't think it's because of my browser although I am uncertain

Thank you for the suggestion. I have never had any issues with the free Photobucket account for blog posts but when I post reviews here on Cruise Critic and over 100,000 people read and interact with my review repeatedly, it really makes the bandwidth go crazy and then all of my images get replaced with bandwidth errors. :(

How do you determine how many read and interact with your thread?

How do you determine how many read and interact with your thread?

Kenevenpar, if you go to the main Carnival board and click on the word Views at the top of the forum list, it sorts it by most viewed to least viewed. After you look at all the admin posts, my Dream review is the 10th most viewed with nearly 1/4 a million views. That is how I check them :D

Kenevenpar, if you go to the main Carnival board and click on the word Views at the top of the forum list, it sorts it by most viewed to least viewed. After you look at all the admin posts, my Dream review is the 10th most viewed with nearly 1/4 a million views. That is how I check them :D

I think that only tells how many times people click on it, rather than how many unique people view it. I was trying to determine how many different people view a thread but cannot see a way to do that. Thanks for the answer.

I think that only tells how many times people click on it, rather than how many unique people view it. I was trying to determine how many different people view a thread but cannot see a way to do that. Thanks for the answer.

Oh yes, I think there's no way to see unique views vs total clicks. But it does let you know how popular a thread is if people go back to it over and over. When I first joined CC, I sorted everything by views so I could find the more popular threads to read and I learned a lot that way. :D

I have also had my photos held hostage by Photobucket. Sorry, but I'm not going to pay them $400 per year, that's just too much. Count me among those who have switched to using Shutterfly to post photos here. Very simple "copy" and "paste."

I have also had my photos held hostage by Photobucket. Sorry, but I'm not going to pay them $400 per year, that's just too much. Count me among those who have switched to using Shutterfly to post photos here. Very simple "copy" and "paste."

Does copy and paste really work, though? When I started writing reviews, I used Snapfish, copy and paste, On my later cruises, I copy and pasted from Facebook, thought everything was great, Now, when I look at my past reviews, my pics are gone,

. Is it because I copy and paste instead of imbedding the url that people talk about or is it because I use Snapfish and facebook. I leave for ceuise friday and want to do live review, HELP, LOL

Does copy and paste really work, though? When I started writing reviews, I used Snapfish, copy and paste, On my later cruises, I copy and pasted from Facebook, thought everything was great, Now, when I look at my past reviews, my pics are gone,

. Is it because I copy and paste instead of imbedding the url that people talk about or is it because I use Snapfish and facebook. I leave for ceuise friday and want to do live review, HELP, LOL

I can't speak to Snapfish or Facebook. Copied and pasted from Shutterfly:

enhance

(photo by turtles06)

I gave up on free sites years ago when I decided I was going to store my photos online and share them publicly. Now, I pay a small annual amount for an online hosting service that gives me peace of mind that my photos will be there when I need them and use the html links in my blog instead. Unless I screw up and delete a photo that I have linked to, the links remain valid. I chose SmugMug but there are other services out there with varying plans to meet needs.