Choosing between Explorer Suites on Explorer

morneau

I apologize if this question has been asked and answered, but we are in the midst of planning a cruise on the Explorer in 2019 and are choosing among the available Explorer Suites 1004,1005, 1008, 1009 and 1204, 1205. From the deck plan it looks like the more forward Explorer Suites may be underneath the Observation lounge, while another is under the culinary kitchen which I believe someone complained about in the past. I also remember that these were previously Seven Seas Suites and wonder if they all have 1 1/2 bathrooms or if some do not? Any help is much appreciated!

Firstly, I would stay away from being under the Culinary Kitchen or Observation Lounge. You are correct about the Explorer suites formerly being the larger Seven Seas Suite. And, if I remember accurately, the former Explorer suites are now Grand suites. Before our Explorer cruise became a Splendor cruise, we were booked in Explorer suite 919. Having been in a forward suite on Explorer, we now prefer being a bit more mid-ship. Our TA thought that our choice was a good one.