Oct 2019

Beppevroomvroom

Does anyone know when October 2019 itineraries are likely to be released?

I know that there are a couple of new ships on the horizon too, any ideas if these are likely to be going by then

Thanks in advance :):):)

Current speculation is sometime in May for the end of 2019.

The new ships are not due into service until 2021, 2022, and 2023.

Thank you.

I understand that it’s still hurricane season at that time. Has anyone cruised then? Is it very risky? (I’m from the UK so no experience of this).

We’d be looking at the 3rd week in October (tied by school holidays unfortunately)

I figure you're asking about the Caribbean?

Hurricane season is June 1 through Nov 30 and I've cruised (not just DCL) through that area 7 times in the last 10 years during that window. I know I'm jinxing myself, but we've had absolutely no issues with hurricanes on those cruises.

Yes, there are hurricanes. Yes, your cruise could run into a hurricane. That said, the captain will do all he can to avoid the hurricane.

I figure you're asking about the Caribbean?

Hurricane season is June 1 through Nov 30 and I've cruised (not just DCL) through that area 7 times in the last 10 years during that window. I know I'm jinxing myself, but we've had absolutely no issues with hurricanes on those cruises.

Yes, there are hurricanes. Yes, your cruise could run into a hurricane. That said, the captain will do all he can to avoid the hurricane.

Thank you, that's really helpful!

Has the weather been good during those cruises? (bearing in mind I'm from the UK so anything in the 70's is considered good!)

Has the weather been good during those cruises? (bearing in mind I'm from the UK so anything in the 70's is considered good!)

I think the weather was fine. Certainly good enough for beach activities.

Technically "hurricane season" is 6 months of the year. Most hurricane activity is in August and September, but it can occur any time. A couple of points--the captain will not take the ship anywhere near a hurricane. Two captains violated this rule once while trying to get into Port Canaveral and there was a lot of damage as well as unhappy passengers. I'm not sure if the storm did something unexpected in this case. We've been on several cruises "affected" by hurricanes; in 2 of the 3, ports were changed. The third required our 7 night cruise to become a 4 night cruise as the hurricane made a direct hit over Port Canaveral. Disney gave us several options; we chose to do the 4 night and received a partial refund.

We have cruised many times during September. Most are warm, delightful, uneventful cruises.