Does Seabourn offer a free shuttle into towns & port info?

rachelfran

I'm on the Athens-Venice route and I read that the old town of corfu is about 2 miles from the port and that "some ships" provide a free shuttle. Does Seabourn?

The ports are below ... If you've got any info to share on these -- I'd love to read it .. thanks!

Monemvasia

Katákolon (Olympia)

Lefkáda

Corfu

Dubrovnik

Triluke Bay

Of course, I've been doing research and know some about each spot but would welcome your impressions and suggestions.

Rachel

:)

I'm on the Athens-Venice route and I read that the old town of corfu is about 2 miles from the port and that "some ships" provide a free shuttle. Does Seabourn?

The ports are below ... If you've got any info to share on these -- I'd love to read it .. thanks!

Monemvasia

Katákolon (Olympia)

Lefkáda

Corfu

Dubrovnik

Triluke Bay

Of course, I've been doing research and know some about each spot but would welcome your impressions and suggestions.

Rachel

Rachel,

Just been to Monevasia with Seabourn, You catch the tender to the pier then there is a coach that takes you to the walled town. A great place in our opinion with lovely sea views from the top.

Katakolon. You can walk off the ship into town quite easily

Corfu. Quite a ride into town, they have a shuttle bus to the gates, you can walk, then you change buses and continue into Corfu town.

Dubrovnik.

Again depends on where you dock or tender. Most times we have just tendered and then the tender goes right into town. Otherwise a bus journey into town provided.

Triluke Bay. Anchored this is normally a Marina Day.

Monemvasia

Katákolon (Olympia)

Lefkáda

Corfu

Dubrovnik

Triluke Bay

Rachel

You can look up general port info on their website. You will get more info with your documents.

For Katakolon the first time I was there my friends and I got a taxi to the ruins of Olympia. Great town outside the ruins and we had lunch and shopped after exploring the ruins. Can easily be done on your own and I recommend it. Second time there I just wandered around Katakolon which you can walk to from the pier. I liked the shopping there also as well as the waterside cafes

They have always done Shopping with the Chef in Corfu and if they do, do it. Of all the SWTC I have done Corfu is my favorite. It's free, just sign up for it at Seabourn Square.

Dubrovnik, I explored the ramparts and the city. I also did anFoodie tour into the countryside with olive oil tastings, a boat ride on a lake, pulling up fresh oysters and a wondeful lunch. This was five years ago so don't know if they still do it.

Enjoy!

Simple answer is Yes if it is needed. You don't pay for shuttles on Seabourn. The only exceptions are excursions, spa treatments, laundry (for some), Internet (for some) and item you choose to buy from the shop.

• 2 years later...

Is there any way to find out where Seabourn port shuttles drop you off in town? This information would greatly help in planning our days in port.

-Don McKenzie from Santa Barbara on the Quest April 25 - May 17, 2018

Is there any way to find out where Seabourn port shuttles drop you off in town?

The general answer would be in the most central location possible for sightseeing, etc.

In Dubrovnik we were at anchor in front of the old town, not at the commercial port. The tenders took you straight into the old port at the end of Stradun. In Corfu, they took us to the park in front of the Old Fortress right in the center of town.

I'll tell you at Monemvassia in September ...

The general answer would be in the most central location possible for sightseeing, etc.

In Dubrovnik we were at anchor in front of the old town, not at the commercial port. The tenders took you straight into the old port at the end of Stradun. In Corfu, they took us to the park in front of the Old Fortress right in the center of town.

It also depends on weather. Every time we’ve been to Corfu town on seabourn (spirit and sojourn a couple of times) we’ve been docked at the ferry port and free shuttled in

On sojourn last time in Dubrovnik we attempted to start tendering but relocated to the port and a shuttle was organised

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry, I was less than clear:

In Dubrovnik we were at anchor in front of the old town, not at the commercial port. The tenders took you straight into the old port at the end of Stradun.

In Corfu, the shuttle took us from the port to the park in front of the Old Fortress right in the center of town.