Just Married on the Carnival Magic

SKosto

Hi, glad you guys had a great experience. My son and his fiancé are looking to get married on embarkation day next year. I was looking at the info on carnival website. The price for the wedding and reception is for up to 20 guests. It does not inform what the extra price per percent is after the 20. Do you know what the extra cost is per person.? And are there any other expenses they add on for non sailing guests?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As far as the new packages go, it depends what package you get and how much extra per person it would be. Also, if you have an hour or an hour and a half reception. For example, I was told for each person over 20, it would be $30 p/person for the classic gold reception for the hour reception. For the platinum classic package it is $40 p/person for the hour reception or $62 p/person for the hour and a half reception.

As far as I can tell, no extra charges for non sailing guests, only that you can have a maximum of 50 non sailing guests.

Hope that helps!

• 3 weeks later...

Question regarding the photo package... am I correct in assuming that the cost gets applied to your sail & sign account? Just wondering if I bought either cruise cash and/or cruise photo cash, it could then be applied towards it. Looking for way to abate the sticker shock of the photo package.

Question regarding the photo package... am I correct in assuming that the cost gets applied to your sail & sign account? Just wondering if I bought either cruise cash and/or cruise photo cash, it could then be applied towards it. Looking for way to abate the sticker shock of the photo package.

Yes, it is charged to your S&S card. Again remember you can negotiate the price/packages. Also, to help make things a little less painful, we informed guests that Carnival gift cards would be our preferred gift.

Hello! I love this thread. You have given me so much usefull information and I love the pictures you included!

I do have two questions: In your opinion, do you think this would be a good option for people who were planning on eloping? It's just going to be my FH and I but I really like the idea of having it on the ship. Also, do you know if you can pay for the wedding package a little at a time like you are able to do with the cost of the cruise itself?

Thank you so much for your help and congrats on your wedding!

Hello! I love this thread. You have given me so much usefull information and I love the pictures you included!

I do have two questions: In your opinion, do you think this would be a good option for people who were planning on eloping? It's just going to be my FH and I but I really like the idea of having it on the ship. Also, do you know if you can pay for the wedding package a little at a time like you are able to do with the cost of the cruise itself?

Thank you so much for your help and congrats on your wedding!

Thank you for the kind words.. The package recently changed, so I am not sure of the new pricing, but they did used to have much more intimate ceremonies, so I suppose you could elope. Also, when I booked, we had to pay the ceremony fee upfront. You can pay for food, cake, or whatever options whenever you wish (up until a final payment date that they will inform you of).

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there! I know it's been a few months, but congratulations on your marriage! :)

I just booked my wedding for the Carnival Imagination a couple days ago!!:D:hearteyes:

Thank you soo much for posting this thread! It has been very helpful and informative! I was wondering if you wouldn't mind answering some more questions? My mind is always coming up with things to wonder hehehe

Here's what's come to mind so far (sorry if it's a lot lol):

1. Did you book the DJ or go with pre-recorded music? If yes on DJ, does the DJ do the ceremony music, too?

2. You said your wife got her hair and makeup done before boarding. I know you have to get to the ship at like 10am, right? How early did she get her hair/makeup done, and did she have the stylist come with her to do the touch-ups while she was getting ready?

3. You said the rehearsal takes place approx 20 minutes before the ceremony. So does that mean the bride is not part of the rehearsal??

4. Did your groomsmen and bridesmaids all come ready/dressed before boarding the ship?

5. Where did you and groomsmen wait while bride was getting ready?

6. If the formal photo session takes place after the reception & muster drill, does that mean we would get no fun-pose pictures with all of our bridesmaids and groomsmen? (If not all of them are sailing)

7. How long did the photo session last? Was there a time limit?

8. Was the photographer around to do pictures of the bride getting ready in the cabin?

9. The bride's bouquet is included in the package. Where did you get the bridesmaids' bouquets, and how did you know if they would match the flower scheme of the bride's bouquet?

10. Gratuities are included in the cost of the wedding package. Did you give any additional tips to anyone?

Sorry it's so many! I will probably end up thinking of more hahaha But thank you so very much in advance for any information you're able to give, and also just for creating this thread!

Hello there! I know it's been a few months, but congratulations on your marriage! :)

I just booked my wedding for the Carnival Imagination a couple days ago!!:D:hearteyes:

Thank you soo much for posting this thread! It has been very helpful and informative! I was wondering if you wouldn't mind answering some more questions? My mind is always coming up with things to wonder hehehe

Here's what's come to mind so far (sorry if it's a lot lol):

1. Did you book the DJ or go with pre-recorded music? If yes on DJ, does the DJ do the ceremony music, too?

We went with the DJ, but the wedding coordinator from the ship took care of the caremony music. We had our own songs that were on my phone.

2. You said your wife got her hair and makeup done before boarding. I know you have to get to the ship at like 10am, right? How early did she get her hair/makeup done, and did she have the stylist come with her to do the touch-ups while she was getting ready?

Yes, you have to be there by roughly 10am. We stayed in a hotel 15 minutes from the port, but hair and make up started around roughly 5am. Her hairstylist is a good friend of hers and attended the wedding, so he did do some final touch ups prior to the ceremony.

3. You said the rehearsal takes place approx 20 minutes before the ceremony. So does that mean the bride is not part of the rehearsal??That is correct. The wedding coordinator ran her down the basic gist of the ceremony while heading to the location. She was worried, but being that you preplan 90% of it, and it is such a short ceremony it becomes a nonissue.

4. Did your groomsmen and bridesmaids all come ready/dressed before boarding the ship? Myself, and the rest of the wedding party were all dressed and ready to go. A good tip, if your bridesmaids will be in heels, have them bring some sandals to wear until its ceremony time.

5. Where did you and groomsmen wait while bride was getting ready? Before we boarded the ship everyone is in the normal waiting area. They do try to keep the bride and groom seperated, but accidents can happen. She appeared before we got on the ship, so they put me in a chair facing the wall.. lmao. Once on board, you are free to roam the ship until the ceremony starts. Most people gravitated towards a bar. I wandered because I was nervous as hell. Had a few drinks and just mingled with friends and family.

6. If the formal photo session takes place after the reception & muster drill, does that mean we would get no fun-pose pictures with all of our bridesmaids and groomsmen? (If not all of them are sailing) They get candid shots during the reception, and I suppose you could have them come to the side for a few posed pictures, but keep in mind, nonsailing guests have to be off the ship before muster. Our shoot took place after the muster drill.

7. How long did the photo session last? Was there a time limit? There wasn't a stated time, but It felt like there was one.. Does that make sense? I think ours last roughly 1.5 hours. Trust me, you'll want to be out of your dress and he'll want to be out of the tux by then!

8. Was the photographer around to do pictures of the bride getting ready in the cabin? Yes She did visit the cabin for some staged bride getting ready shots.

9. The bride's bouquet is included in the package. Where did you get the bridesmaids' bouquets, and how did you know if they would match the flower scheme of the bride's bouquet? We got all our flowers through the wedding experience. Yes they are slightly expensive, but for the peace of mind that they would all match, and it being one last thing for us to carry on board made it worth it.

10. Gratuities are included in the cost of the wedding package. Did you give any additional tips to anyone? Yes, we tipped our Officiant, wedding planner, and the on board coordinator. All three did an amazing job. They accommodated our every need, kept everyone relaxed, focused, and made sure it went as smooth as possible.

Sorry it's so many! I will probably end up thinking of more hahaha But thank you so very much in advance for any information you're able to give, and also just for creating this thread!

Congratulations on your big day, and enjoy it, because it is YOUR day. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask!

Wow, thank you so much for all the detailed information and replying so quickly! You are awesome!!

I’m mostly worried about not being part of the rehearsal. I don’t like not knowing, you know? Lol I haven’t been to many weddings in my life, and I’m afraid I’ll mess up or something hahaha[emoji28]

Approx how much extra did you tip those three people? (If you don’t mind sharing)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You're very welcome, please feel free to ask whatever you'd like. When we were planning there wasn't a whole lot of information, so we are trying to provide as much information as possible.

Wow, thank you so much for all the detailed information and replying so quickly! You are awesome!!

I’m mostly worried about not being part of the rehearsal. I don’t like not knowing, you know? Lol I haven’t been to many weddings in my life, and I’m afraid I’ll mess up or something hahaha[emoji28] My wife was the same exact way, but its over so quick, just dont trip, and you'll be fine :). The cruise ship ceremonies are very stream lined, I think our ceremony was all of 10-15 minutes including the bridesmaids and bride entering.

Approx how much extra did you tip those three people? (If you don’t mind sharing)

Officiant $20 i think, Wedding planner $40 (she was awesome) and $40 for onboard planner (she was amazing). She also took great care of us during the cruise. We had any time dining, and even if there was a wait, she would ensure we would be sat right away, and at a good table. She would sit us at a 4 top next to a window. We did not expect any of that treatment and I believe we gave her an additional $20 at the end of the cruise.

Yea that’s what I’ve been reading on other reviews, too- that there’s not a lot of information and communication until it gets really close to the wedding. It’s so great of you to try to help others out.

Thanks for the reassurance on the ceremony, I so appreciate it.[emoji4]

That’s so nice you had such great planners, I hope the ones we get will be as great as yours were!

• 3 weeks later...

You mentioned you paid for the extra 1/2 hour reception. What was the approximate cost of the extra half hour. I am getting married on March 10th on the Conquest. I am very excited after reading your posts. Congrats by the way. Beautiful couple.

You said you went with the DJ for the reception. Did you have to pick out all the songs to be played? That's the way it seems on their paperwork. If so, do they play them in the order you have written down, or do they mix it up? If not, do you just tell them what 'type' of music to play and they pick the songs? Also, I'm very bad with clothing, but did you wear a Tux or suite? My fiancé wants to wear a Tux, but coming into problems with rentals being most places want it returned the day after the wedding. Any insight you could give on that? I love coming back to your post with all the questions everyone is asking you! Hope you guys are enjoying married life!! :)

You mentioned you paid for the extra 1/2 hour reception. What was the approximate cost of the extra half hour. I am getting married on March 10th on the Conquest. I am very excited after reading your posts. Congrats by the way. Beautiful couple.

Hello! Congrats on your engagement![emoji16] I know you’re probably asking the original poster of this thread, but I just recently booked my wedding with Carnival last month (getting married on April 28 next year). So I figured I could give you a more up-to-date answer. [emoji4] I booked the 1.5 hour reception, but the difference between them (of what they quoted me) was $437 for the Platinum level package. The package includes your first 20 guests, then there is a charge per person for every guest after that. For the 1 hour reception the charge per person is $40/pp and for the 1.5 hour it’s $62/pp.

As far as the package price, they had quoted me a certain amount, but then when I ended up booking it the next day, the total was a few hundred less than what they quoted me. Not sure why, but I didn’t wanna say anything! Lol [emoji6]

Anyway, hope this helps!

You said you went with the DJ for the reception. Did you have to pick out all the songs to be played? That's the way it seems on their paperwork. If so, do they play them in the order you have written down, or do they mix it up? If not, do you just tell them what 'type' of music to play and they pick the songs? Also, I'm very bad with clothing, but did you wear a Tux or suite? My fiancé wants to wear a Tux, but coming into problems with rentals being most places want it returned the day after the wedding. Any insight you could give on that? I love coming back to your post with all the questions everyone is asking you! Hope you guys are enjoying married life!! :)

We have some experience with standard rentals on a Princess ship and I will honestly say that we are buying my fiancee a tux for the wedding since he absolutely must wear a tux, not a suit. Our Princess tux rental experience wasn't great. The tux almost didn't arrive in time for formal night and, when it did, they had forgotten (but later located) shoes. The tux had been well-loved and didn't fit well. For us, we want the peace of mind of knowing everything will fit perfectly, look great, and we won't have to wonder when it will show up. Honestly, if you catch a sale and plan to take another cruise with a formal night, you can justify the investment.

Cheers to all the brides and grooms! We're looking forward to a October 2018 wedding and this thread has been great for info.

You said you went with the DJ for the reception. Did you have to pick out all the songs to be played? That's the way it seems on their paperwork. If so, do they play them in the order you have written down, or do they mix it up? If not, do you just tell them what 'type' of music to play and they pick the songs?

We selected what types of music to play, and for the first dance(s) we had our music selected on my phone for them to play for us. I believe you could also request a song from the DJ as well.

Also, I'm very bad with clothing, but did you wear a Tux or suite? My fiancé wants to wear a Tux, but coming into problems with rentals being most places want it returned the day after the wedding. Any insight you could give on that? I love coming back to your post with all the questions everyone is asking you! Hope you guys are enjoying married life!! :)

I wore a tux, and rented it from Men's Warehouse. All I had to do was explain to them that I would be leaving on a cruise right after the wedding. They wrote on my paperwork to waive the late fee. (verify this upon pick up of the tux.) It also worked out because then I did not have to pack dress pants or shoes for the formal nights.

Thank you for the kind words, married life is great. No complaints....yet ;p;p;p:-p

Nancy, thanks for the kind words. I believe someone answered your question better than I could have before me. Have a great day, and feel free to ask anything else.

We're getting married on the Magic on May 26. I was wondering, where is the parking located for non-sailing guests? You mentioned it was hard to find.

Did non-sailing guests have to pay to park?

How did they manage to keep you and the bride from seeing each other before the ceremony during check in and boarding?

How long did you have to wait to board after everyone was checked in? I know it varies depending on when the ship is cleared.

Do they take pictures after the ceremony of the wedding party, before the reception starts?

How much time is there between the ending of the ceremony and the beginning of the reception?

I know I have a lot of questions, but with my wedding only a couple of weeks away, I'm getting really excited and really anxious!;p

We're getting married on the Magic on May 26.

First of all, congratulations, and I hope your day goes on without a hitch. Hopefully Joanna is still the group coordinator on the ship (she was amazing). I forgot her name but our photographer was a very short young lady, who also did an amazing job. I think it might have been Christine. Also, I just noticed you were engaged on the magic, and you're getting married a year after the engagement. We basically did the exact same thing, but it was 1 day short of a year.

I was wondering, where is the parking located for non-sailing guests? You mentioned it was hard to find.

So, when we got married, the Magic was still in Port Canaveral, so unfortunately I can't help you here. At PC they parked in the unmarked Employee parking lot.

Did non-sailing guests have to pay to park?

At PC no, they did not. I can only assume its the same in Miami. I would call the wedding experience, or maybe Carnival's Miami terminal and ask?

How did they manage to keep you and the bride from seeing each other before the ceremony during check in and boarding?

So this one was kind of funny. I got to the terminal very early, so I could help out the non-sailing and non experienced guests figure out the flow. We were lucky that day in that the ship got cleared very early (we were on board by like 10:30 at the latest). At port Canaveral, they move the priority guests upstairs shortly before boarding. At first they weren't aware that we didn't want to see each other (we were told it would nearly be impossible), but a quick thinking employee grabbed an empty chair and put me in a corner facing the wall. I felt like I was in timeout, but it worked, because as soon as she boarded, they escorted her to the cabin, and I roamed the ship. Sorry for the wall of text there.

How long did you have to wait to board after everyone was checked in? I know it varies depending on when the ship is cleared.

We didn't wait very long at all. Once everything is cleared, I believe you board after diamond and plat, but it might even be before them. My memory is a little hazy on that right now.

Do they take pictures after the ceremony of the wedding party, before the reception starts?

Yes, after the ceremony, she got pics with the wedding party, parents, family, all the men, all the women etc.

How much time is there between the ending of the ceremony and the beginning of the reception?

After the pictures they send everyone to where the reception will be. We stayed back to hammer out the first dances and all that. Took a quick walk down and we were there. If I had to guess, maybe 30-45 min, but most of that was pictures.

I know I have a lot of questions, but with my wedding only a couple of weeks away, I'm getting really excited and really anxious!;p

Keep them coming, I'd love to put your mind at ease with anything possible. Its a whirlwind of an experience, and it is over before you know it, but it was amazing, and we were treated like royalty during the whole process. While you're still in your dress and going to muster or to the various locations for pictures, get ready to be tired of saying thank you. We must have got 500 congratulations, and she got about 500 more omg you're so beautiful.

Great info! We're planning an embarkation wedding onboard the Carnival Sunshine in Port Caneveral late July. Im going to have my fiance read through this and post any questions she has. Thanks for taking the time to reply to everyone!

Thank you so much for your reply. We will be sailing out of Port Canaveral on the Magic, so all your info is very helpful. I have been communicating with a coordinator named Gina from the time we booked the wedding. She has been very helpful, along with the rest of the wedding department.

Thank you so much for your reply. We will be sailing out of Port Canaveral on the Magic, so all your info is very helpful. I have been communicating with a coordinator named Gina from the time we booked the wedding. She has been very helpful, along with the rest of the wedding department.

Oops, I thought it went down to Miami already. Sorry! Gina was our coordinator, and she was fantastic. There were a few times it took her a day or two to get back to us, but usually she was very prompt.