Debarkation after Cuba cruise??

riffatsea

Asked on Florida board but they don't know the answer.

Oceania has told my TA that I shouldn't book a flight home after my Cuba cruise until at least 1 PM.

The ship is due to arrive in Miami at 8 AM and ordinarily flying out of MIA we'd book something earlier. Is there more immigration time needed after Cuba??

I know it is waaaay early but I am just gathering info sooo any thoughts???

Cruise lines usually recommend 5 hours between arrival and flying out. There will be more checking because of customs doing a ,ore thorough check of luggage and passports.

You would think so wouldn't you. But actually when we disembarked the Insignia in December in Miami after our Cuba cruise there was no inspection of luggage AT ALL. I could have had a suitcase full of cigars instead of just the 5 we bought, and no one would have known. As far as passport check, it was just the usual swipe through the computer, a pleasant "welcome home" and we were on our way. We disembarked so quickly that once we got to FLL by shuttle, we were able to switch our 3:00 flight to the 11:00 a.m. We arrived in Newark before the other flight even left FLL.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There will be more checking because of customs doing a ,ore thorough check of luggage and passports.

Nope.

Going through customs in Miami after my Cuba cruise was the quickest and easiest ever....they didn't ask any questions or search anything...easy peasy! :D

Did you get grilled and searched????

Hmm, So if baggal got to FLL for an 11AM flight I surely could get to MIA for a flight before 1PM!

I wonder why Oceania is saying to book late flights??

Maybe just to cover themselves in case immigration decides to up their game

Not visited Cuba but we usually get off about 9am & at MIA before 9:30 am

last cruise we were in security line for 1 hr for AA flight

There is no guarantee that the ship will be in port at the time expected, that customs will be fast, that luggage will get off the ship timely, etc.

How much of a risk are you willing to take?

Rule of thumb is noon or after. I got to the airport last year and got thruncheck in and TSA fast but then I had to walk forever to take the train somewhere in airport, it was the longest time from door of building to plane.though I would miss it. I was past noon.

Cuba..I agree with other posters you can about jog thru the terminal building to your waiting driver. I gone to Cuba three times and they ask nothing. I wish it was this fast at airports