Bear at 18 day trip to Caribbean

hi. I’m considering booking this as a solo traveller. Can anyone advise on whether it would be a good trip. I’ve read some very poor reviews of ship and food. How well does she sail the Atlantic? Will I be seasick al the time 😀. Thanks.

I don't know about this ship, as I've never been on it. If this is your first cruise, you shouldn't get seasick. Walking on the ship is just like walking on land, which I doubt you get seasick doing. If you do end up seasick, you can always get Dramamine from the Perser's Desk, free of charge. Don't take it before you need it though or you will get seasick.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Forums mobile app

The Braemar seems to be a good deal. Here's the CC write up if you haven't read it.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=206

My first cruise was on an even smaller ship across the North Atlantic and that was a rough trip, but you're headed to the Caribbean so you'll be traveling a much better route. We have sailed across the Atlantic in April twice and neither trip was rough. Both left from Port Everglades and one went to Civitiveccia, the other to Copenhagen. On some days, the seas were nearly smooth so I think you'll be fine.

I find it difficult to ride circular amusement park rides, the ones that spin you around, and yet seasickness has only been an issue once - on a sport fishing boat on a day with a bit too much to drink.

There are several option to decreasing the stress: foods, such as candied ginger, green apples, ginger ale - and several non-medical homeopathic remedies, such as pressure point wrist bands. Mostly, don't think about it. Stay positive, and you should be OK. Carry a remedy for comfort, use it only if needed.