Travelling with 3 under 6 : Post cruise Venice accommodation

whenthecatsaway

Suggest you visit the Ports of Call board here for Italy and ask for recommendations there. Hotels should be relatively reasonable as it is far from the high season for tourism. EM

Thanks, had done that as well. Just want to make things as straight forward as possible

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our last time in Venice, we stayed at the Hotel Olimpia, which is a Best Western hotel. It is just off Piazzale Roma so handy to the vaporetto stop on the Grand Canal. Although you could herd your group across the parking lots to the People Mover, and then across Piazzale Roma to the hotel, With a group of three young people and luggage, I would splurge on a water taxi right to the front door. And it would be a beautiful ride, too. The year before, we stayed at the Bonvecchiati, much closer to Piazza San Marco. Also used water taxi. Perhaps get recommendations here, and on TripAdvisor, and call so see what kind of rooms they have for five? Or are you going as a single parent? EM

Getting off of a port intensive cruise with young children leaves you with the choice between cost and proximity to Venice. There is reliable bus service to stay a bit further away, better prices and more space vs. staying where the city is just outside your door.

You will very likely want to go to San Marco Square and ride the vaparetto (I can do that all day). But, with the cruise behind you, relaxing before the flight a bit outside of the city may a better option for your family. Since we are only three I do not have any specific option for you but we have successfully used home stay, BnB type options successfully, restfully and economically in Italy.