Uber from Port Civitavecchia to Rome

babycatsy

I was looking into taking an uber from the Port Civitavecchia to Rome.

Does anyone have any experience with this? It appears to be $144 (euros) one way, but I'm not 100% of Uber availability.

I have Rome on your own booked and that is $108 for a round trip ($324 euros).

Thanks!

Mallory

I was looking into taking an uber from the Port Civitavecchia to Rome.

Does anyone have any experience with this? It appears to be $144 (euros) one way, but I'm not 100% of Uber availability.

I have Rome on your own booked and that is $108 for a round trip ($324 euros).

Thanks!

Mallory

I did not take uber, but I was very surprised at how far one city was from the other. It’s quite a long drive so I’m not surprised it’s that expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yeahh it is a long trip, just trying to see if the ubers/Cabs would be more comfortable than a bus.

We took a nice bus. It was way more comfy than a regular car. Consider the amount of luggage you will take too. It might call for a XL uber which can be more expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ah this is just a port of call so we will just have a walker and purses with us. The $108 per person isn't bad but since we are doing Rome on our Own we wanted to see as much as we could (without missing the boat lol)

Honestly, Uber seems like the most expensive, least reliable way to get into Rome. At least a private driver (no guide) from a well known company (like Rome in Limo or Joe Bananas) will have the weight of internet reviews to help insure they get you back to the ship in time.

• 4 weeks later...

It is easy to book transfers with your ship. Generally, you stay in the same hotel with everyone going to the ship and the cruise line handles everything. The first time we transferred from Rome to Civitavecchia there was a train strike at the last minute so our hotel called a private driver--very costly. The second time we hired a private driver and he did not show up. The third time we hired a private driver and it all went smoothly. But this time we are doing ship transfers because it is cheaper. The hotel--a Crowne Plaza--comes with a breakfast buffet, free shuttle to the airport, free shuttle to the Vatican, king size bed, and shuttle to the ship at a much cheaper rate than I could get myself.