Voyager suite 833?

Well, it's a Seven Seas suite so it'll be larger than the standard suites. Butler and some other perks included. I don't have any reviews of this specific cabin on the spreadsheets but I'm sure someone here will have some input on the SS suites on Voyager...

Do you have any specific questions about it?

Bill, just posted an explanation on the Seven Seas suite since we just sailed in one after reading your post. After posting I noticed the TS is asking about a Voyager suite. Thankfully I had time to edit my response. In any case, we haven't stayed in a Voyager suite for a long time but enjoyed it very much. So glad that this time you made the mistake - not me:evilsmile:.

Edited by Travelcat2

Jackie, per rssc.com, Voyager suite 833 is an SS Aft suite - or did I miss something?

omg - think that I should go into a closet until jet lag is over. I read the subject as a Voyager suite...... didn't think to actually look up the deck plan. Okay - so I'll try to remember what I wrote and will write it again. There is one "but" left ....... how is 833 an "aft" suite? Should be a "forward". Okay - not trying to get picky with you (although it is fun to do so). Now I'll try to help the TS.

So, as I wrote before (and deleted), we were in 929 (Seven Seas Forward suite with 1 1/2 baths) on our Voyager cruise that ended on Sunday. To be fair, we are used to larger suites but found this suite quite comfortable!

Since the refurbishments, several posters have mentioned the lack of drawer space. This is not a problem in the SS suites because, in addition to the drawers in the closet, there are 5 (or 6?) drawers next to the desk. The closet is a walkway to the bathroom which is not unusual for Seven Seas suites on the Voyager and Mariner. There is plenty of room for clothes (more than in some larger suites).

The living room area is an odd shape but has a large sofa and table with two chairs. You can look out at the sea from the sofa and the table is more than adequate. If we wanted to have 2-4 people in our suite for drinks, it would have worked fine.

Love the window in the bedroom as it has a large window that gives a lot of light to the room (plus it is another area to view the sea).

Negatives: When someone is sitting at the desk, it is a tight squeeze to get past the chair. And, the make-up area is very small but at least it has six drawers (IMO, drawers are always a good thing). The biggest negative was the balcony that was very small but again, we are used to larger suites and the larger balconies on Regent's other ships.

We will be back on the Voyager in November and will once again stay in a Seven Seas forward suite as it is just fine for a 14 night cruise. We thought about upgrading ourselves to a "Voyager suite" but it has the same issue at the desk and, if I remember correctly, the closet is smaller.

Hope that this information helps and I apologize for my suite confusion:o

Your comparison is very helpful between these suites and the larger suites. Many people however sail in the standard suites and would find the comparisons between those suites and your current ones as well helpful as well.

Your early sailings were in the standard suites, I believe, and perhaps you can remember well enough to make those contrasts with the suites you cruise in now.

Thank you for your posts.

Your comparison is very helpful between these suites and the larger suites. Many people however sail in the standard suites and would find the comparisons between those suites and your current ones as well helpful as well.

Your early sailings were in the standard suites, I believe, and perhaps you can remember well enough to make those contrasts with the suites you cruise in now.

Thank you for your posts.

Glad that you found the comparisons helpful. What a memory - we only booked standard suites for a short time on Regent years ago but did have two short stays in standard suites on Explorer.

It is easy for me to do a quickie comparison of the standard suites. The absolute best - without a doubt - is on Explorer with the large double sink bathroom with tons of storage space (and great storage space in the rest of the suite)*. The worst is Mariner - too small - even the closet and safe are too small. Voyager and Navigator are almost identical and are a good size. Unfortunately they took out storage space during the refurbishments and now people are commenting on lack of drawers.

*On Explorer, I'm speaking of "standard" suites (F1/F2/Concierge) - not the teeny tiny suites that are meant for one person and are being sold as doubles.

We were in a Voyager Suite when the ship was very, very new so my memory is rather vague, but I remember something being slightly 'off' about the layout of the bathroom. IF I remember correctly, the bathroom didn't connect directly with the bedroom, but that might have been corrected over these several years. Maybe they found a way to connect them by now. And yes, it was a very small balcony.

Okay, I just went and looked at the layout. The bedroom and bathroom connect, but the closet doesn't seem to connect with either of them. Again, unless they have found a way to fix the issue, and the layout doesn't look like they have.

Edited by Pam
correction