Fantasy Cruise with kids

GinnyHoppa811

If you were going to take your kids anywhere, where and when would you go? We won't be going on our next cruise for a 2-3 years but all the talk of other places is so tempting. We're going to Alaska this summer because it's the closest and makes an easy test for the kids but next time, the location is huge. I want someplace warm and sunny personally but I'd love to hear about everyone else's fantasies too.

I really want to do a Mediterranean cruise with the kids. There’s so many places in Europe I would love for them to see and I want to see them too. I’ve only been to Italy and loved it.

The downside is the airfare is so expensive to get there. We’ve been sticking with Caribbean cruises and the kids have had so much fun each time.

We travel in the summer cause it’s easier. I don’t want them missing school. I have a 9 and almost 7 yo.

I really want to do a Mediterranean cruise with the kids. There’s so many places in Europe I would love for them to see and I want to see them too. I’ve only been to Italy and loved it.

The downside is the airfare is so expensive to get there. We’ve been sticking with Caribbean cruises and the kids have had so much fun each time.

We travel in the summer cause it’s easier. I don’t want them missing school. I have a 9 and almost 7 yo.

The Mediterranean would be so lovely! There’s quite a bit there I’d like to see

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Alaska is a great cruise with kids and corresponds to most kid's vacation schedule/

We've done Mediterranean with our DD (when she was 5YO, 10YO, 11YO and 13YO). It was great but we've always gone "off season" - late spring or autumn - better weather (not so HOT), less crowed, and less expensive. We've always scheduled it to correspond to when she had time off, so as to limit her time off of school. She enjoyed seeing the sites that she had read and learned about in Rome, Venice, Athens, Rhodes, Turkey - listening to Spanish and French speakers (when she was learning each). And meeting lots of people from all over the place.

When she was 15YO we did a Baltic cruise one summer -- it was wonderful -- she had just finished up AP Euro history and loved seeing many of the places that were so pivotal to the history she had learned.

She did a "Freshman experience" program in Hong Kong and would now like to do a longer east Asian trip.

If cost was no option, I would make a longer trip to cruise Australia and New Zealand because we are a nature and wildlife family. Europe would be option #2, now that my kids are older, because I don't think the history there would really be appreciated until at least middle if not high school.

Now if we are keeping the budget more in line, I love a western Caribbean cruise for kids. Roatan is a great port for nature and wildlife with snorkeling in West Bay, Sloths and Monkeys, ziplining, the iguana sanctuary, etc. Belize is great for Altun Ha and river Wallace, cave tubing, or snorkeling. Cozumel is fantastic for ruins, dolphin encounters, cultural adventures or just a beach day. Grand Cayman has sting rays, shark swim, and 7 mile beach.

If cost was no option, I would make a longer trip to cruise Australia and New Zealand because we are a nature and wildlife family. Europe would be option #2, now that my kids are older, because I don't think the history there would really be appreciated until at least middle if not high school.

Now if we are keeping the budget more in line, I love a western Caribbean cruise for kids. Roatan is a great port for nature and wildlife with snorkeling in West Bay, Sloths and Monkeys, ziplining, the iguana sanctuary, etc. Belize is great for Altun Ha and river Wallace, cave tubing, or snorkeling. Cozumel is fantastic for ruins, dolphin encounters, cultural adventures or just a beach day. Grand Cayman has sting rays, shark swim, and 7 mile beach.

You had me at sloth! That’s a cruise I’d really like to do. It would be a hard sell on my husband though. He will not go in the ocean (or ocean connected water) under any circumstances. I was trying to talk him into Xel-ha yesterday. I went on s Mexico trip in school 15 years ago and would like to see more there and of Caribbean locations.

Europe is a big one for me too, though like you say that’s best for much older kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums