About to book excursions. How to proceed?

2NOLAcruisers

For others in the same situation, if Pompeii doesn't work out, consider Herculaneum. It is another Roman town that was destroyed in the same Vesuvius eruption but it is 1) more compact than Pompeii, 2) better preserved than Pompeii in certain respects and 3) closer to Naples. We did this tour this past January and enjoyed it.

enhance

The more time I spend on cruise critic, the more places I find that I want to go. This is becoming an expensive way to pass some time!

• 1 month later...

When booking excursions, if you've already given your credit card information to Viking for use on the ship, do you have to enter that information again? Just want to have everything ready when I get up at 3am!

Yes, you will still have to enter the credit card info. I printed it out on a piece of paper so I wouldn’t have to squint at my card in the middle of the night. Lol

Thanks for the quick reply. I think I'm all set. I'll know how it goes in about 6 1/2 hours!

Thanks for the quick reply. I think I'm all set. I'll know how it goes in about 6 1/2 hours!

We are in a DV cabin and we got all the excursions we wanted, which was only one optional and the rest were included. We did manage to get all our first choices of times for the included excursions, which was equally important to me. I was done by 3:09am! We are happy and I can now move on to planning the rest of our time in port.