Grand Turk Wedding through cruise ship or resort directly???

Hello!

I am planning a wedding while on the new Carnival Horizon ship 7/1/2019. I decided to book on a cruise since my entire family had already planned their annual vacation aboard the ship and I thought it would be the most cost effective option for my fiance and I. Apparently, Carnival went up on their prices and changed their guidelines. You know have to pay for your wedding in full to even reserve a spot!! The rep also told me they are booking wedding out to 2020 already.

We want to get married in Gran Turk. That's really our only option for an island wedding on this cruise. I torn on booking with Carnival directly or going with one of the resorts on the island. The resort is much much cheaper than what Carnival is offering. I would also have a longer reception. To add an additional hour, carnival harges almost $1,000! My only issue with booking directly is if the itinerary changes!! I'm not sure what the odds of this is?

Any suggestions or past experiences?

• Like 1

I am getting married at the Bohio Dive Resort on Grand Turk this November. It was the only port we do not tender into other than Amber Cove. I did not want a wedding on the ship, but I am having my "reception" on the ship which is 1.5 hours open bar and hors d'ouvres and a DJ. It is much more reasonable and you do not pay until you are onboard. You cannot tell them it is a "wedding reception" because they will want to send you to that department. I called it a friends and family reception lol.

Thanks for your reply! I didn't know you could have a reception back on the boat! What what the pricing for that if you don't mind me asking?

I also looked into the Bohio resort. I am waiting for them to send me pricing. The resort looks much better than the resort Carnival uses. Are you getting "legally married" in Grand Turk or will it be a symbolic wedding?

Thanks for your reply! I didn't know you could have a reception back on the boat! What what the pricing for that if you don't mind me asking?

I also looked into the Bohio resort. I am waiting for them to send me pricing. The resort looks much better than the resort Carnival uses. Are you getting "legally married" in Grand Turk or will it be a symbolic wedding?

It is a symbolic wedding. Tom and Ginny are really awesome at the resort and the pricing is super affordable

On the ship we are calling it a friends and family reception so that they did not send me to the wedding department.

DJ is $100 hr, open bar is $18 per person per hour and appetizers I think are $15 per person per hour. You get a break going 1.5 hours but since we only have the Night Club 5-7 and people will likely want to eat dinner after, we opted for 1 hour of each.

Great! I am still going back and forth. Carnival has been unpleasant to deal with at times. I do like the idea of having the ceremony and reception at Bohio because It gives my guests an opportunity to still see the island and don't have to rush back to the ship, but I am also trying to keep my costs low. They have a luncheon deal, but it's $65 per person. They also have where you can select appetizers which is a much more cost effective route. I am going to reserve the ceremony with Bohio and then worry about Carnival after. Did they allow you to pick the venue on the boat? So are you going to only have open bar for an hour? Or the entire 2 hours?

I am doing 12-4 at Bohio for ceremony, cake, toast and dancing. I have a room for the day as well. It is about $2000 for 50 people.

On the ship they gave me the nightclub. I am doing 1 hour open bar and appetizers and DJ for 2 hours. It is under $900 for 50 guests.

Thank for the info. My pricing at Bohio is pretty much the same. Are you paying for transportation for your guest from the cruise port to the resort? Also, are you getting the rum punch table they offer? Are you utilizing a DJ at Bohio for dancing? Lastly, are you purchasing any of the appetizers or doing an open cash bar?

As far as the Carnival pricing, they did send me a brochure which says for the standard open bar option is $16 per person and for the standard appetizer package it's $12 per hour. Did you choose one of these packages, or another package?

• 7 months later...
On 4/12/2018 at 2:01 PM, escentialssoycandles said:

I am getting married at the Bohio Dive Resort on Grand Turk this November. It was the only port we do not tender into other than Amber Cove. I did not want a wedding on the ship, but I am having my "reception" on the ship which is 1.5 hours open bar and hors d'ouvres and a DJ. It is much more reasonable and you do not pay until you are onboard. You cannot tell them it is a "wedding reception" because they will want to send you to that department. I called it a friends and family reception lol.

Hello,

I am thinking of doing the same thing in August. Can you update us on how everything went. Pricing info would be great if you don't mind sharing. Thanks in advance! 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/9/2018 at 9:34 PM, Ricnotiq said:

Hello,

I am thinking of doing the same thing in August. Can you update us on how everything went. Pricing info would be great if you don't mind sharing. Thanks in advance! 

It was the most amazing day and setting. I think our resort total was like $2500 and that was for champagne toast, rum punch, wedding cake for 35, 1 changing room, archway, speaker and use of resort. Here is the link to our photos - if you contact Bohio please let them know Shanny & Sean referred you.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/beyondtheseewarrick/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1944829015822092

• 2 months later...
On 1/6/2019 at 12:22 PM, escentialssoycandles said:

It was the most amazing day and setting. I think our resort total was like $2500 and that was for champagne toast, rum punch, wedding cake for 35, 1 changing room, archway, speaker and use of resort. Here is the link to our photos - if you contact Bohio please let them know Shanny & Sean referred you.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/beyondtheseewarrick/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1944829015822092

Congrats on your wedding! I am talking to Bohio right now about planning a reception party at their resort in May 2020. We are planning on having the symbolic ceremony on the deck of the boat, which they said "should" be an available option by May 2020, and im wanting to have a small reception party on the beach afterwards, and Bohio looks like a good option. Any tips or tricks? It wont let me click your link for pictures, but i imagine it was gorgeous!

Edited by lhessler816