Recent info for Hotels with parking in Secaucus New Jersey area for Manhattan cruises

cdnmr

Just did my semi-annual hotel search and figured I would share my findings. All prices are as of January 14, 2017 (and include taxes) so will change but these should be a good guide. Call hotels first as details could change (a hotel we used to stay at no longer offers parking so always check first).

• Hyatt Place Secaucus- $240-free parking

• Holiday Inn Meadowlands- $216 - 1st night parking free, $12/day for extra days

• Meadowlands View Hotel- $105 - 1st night parking free, $25/day for extra days

• Meadowlands Plaza Hotel- $141 - 1st night parking free, $5/day+tax for extra days

• Candlewood Suites- $206- "cruise with ease" package includes 10 days parking

• Embassy Suites- $312- Cruise package includes parking and 1 way shuttle to pier for up to 4 people
  • Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield- $326 - Cruise Package includes parking and 1 way shuttle to the pier

Cab for 2 people from Secaucus has run us around $50 plus tolls, November 2016 we did car service for 4 people from the Hyatt for $58 plus tolls. Uber estimates I have found online are closer to $40 plus tolls.

Just did my semi-annual hotel search and figured I would share my findings. All prices are as of January 14, 2017 (and include taxes) so will change but these should be a good guide. Call hotels first as details could change (a hotel we used to stay at no longer offers parking so always check first).

• Holiday Inn Meadowlands- $216 - 1st night parking free, $12/day for extra days

• Meadowlands Plaza Hotel- $141 - 1st night parking free, $5/day+tax for extra days

• Embassy Suites- $312- Cruise package includes parking and 1 way shuttle to pier for up to 4 people
  • Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield- $326 - Cruise Package includes parking and 1 way shuttle to the pier

Cab for 2 people from Secaucus has run us around $50 plus tolls, November 2016 we did car service for 4 people from the Hyatt for $58 plus tolls. Uber estimates I have found online are closer to $40 plus tolls.

So what hotel are you choosing? Will you do a review?

That's a great list! My major comment would be that the Hilton Gardens Ridgefield package includes rounds trip port transportation according to posters on this forum. You are absolutely right to encourage folks to contact the hotel for current prices and to confirm the details of the offer.

So what hotel are you choosing? Will you do a review?

That's a great list! My major comment would be that the Hilton Gardens Ridgefield package includes rounds trip port transportation according to posters on this forum. You are absolutely right to encourage folks to contact the hotel for current prices and to confirm the details of the offer.

I think you are correct about the Hilton, their FB page shows round trip transportation to/from the pier. Their website rate details read: "The Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park is just 12 miles from the Manhattan Cruise Port. We conveniently offer complimentary on-site parking for your vehicle for the duration of your cruise and arrange for transportation to the cruise port with the price of your room"

I might give them a call to confirm as I made my decision based on still having to find a ride back after the cruise.

We are trying the Meadowlands Plaza this time, I can follow up with a review of hotel and details of back and forth to the pier. 10 day cruise so it works out to be cheapest option for two of us.

Might try bus into the city, there is a bus stop near the hotel that gets you to Port Authority in NYC in about 30 minutes, then 1 mile cab ride. Figure we could save around $40 or 50 going that route. We'd take a taxi back after cruise as we have an 8 hour drive home.

We have stayed at the Hyatt Place three times and a few times at another hotel that doesn't allow parking anymore.

The Hyatt is a pretty good hotel, no restaurant but good local delivery places, decent breakfast with some hot items and good coffee.

The parking lot is actually beside their property. I THINK you could actually stay elsewhere and park next to Hyatt (on top level only) without being a guest as they havent asked me for any vehicle information either of our last two stays there. Wife won't let me find out though....

Edited by cdnmr

Thanks 138east....updating with new Hilton info:

• Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield- $326 - Cruise Package includes parking and round trip transportation for 2 to the pier. (rate varies based on number of people requiring transportation)

Edited by cdnmr

• 2 months later...

Just following up with a quick review of the Meadowlands Plaza Hotel after our stay on March 28th.

Hotel room was ok, clean, a bit dated but no signs of disrepair etc. Breakfast was decent, coffee was good.

Big problem.....housekeeping staff went around at 8am knocking on doors, waking guests up and asking if they could clean the rooms!!!

I heard them knocking on a door and announcing "housekeeping" 3 times. I assumed the guests had checked out early and they were making sure the room was empty before cleaning it. I didnt give it a second thought and jumped into the shower. My Wife was still asleep but I was ready to start the day.

I exit the shower and start getting dressed and would you believe I hear several loud knocks on my door and "housekeeping!" yelled?????

I run to open the door and the housekeeper is standing there looking at me, (room is completely dark and I am only wearing boxers so its obvious we are not ready to have our room cleaned) she asks "service?"

I ask her what she means and she again says "service?"

I let my anger get the better of me and yell at her asking her what the hell she is doing waking guests up at 8am. Then I visit front desk and ask them the same question. They acted all shocked and promised to speak with the staff about the issue. I spot a staff member pushing a laundry cart and ask him if this is normal and he confirms that yes, it is how they do it. Our alarm clock also went off on its own at 720am...not sure if that was a coincidence or not.

Anyways, we were on the 9th floor and when we left for breakfast at 10am there were 4 or 5 housekeepers all working on our floor. I assume they all start on the top floor and work their way down??? In all my years of travel I have NEVER had housekeeping try and clean my room before I have checked out. I will spend the extra few bucks and return to the Hyatt for our next cruise or try one of the other hotels cruisers have recommended.

Will never give another dollar of my money to this hotel.

Just following up with a quick review of the Meadowlands Plaza Hotel after our stay on March 28th.

Hotel room was ok, clean, a bit dated but no signs of disrepair etc. Breakfast was decent, coffee was good.

Big problem.....housekeeping staff went around at 8am knocking on doors, waking guests up and asking if they could clean the rooms!!!

I heard them knocking on a door and announcing "housekeeping" 3 times. I assumed the guests had checked out early and they were making sure the room was empty before cleaning it. I didnt give it a second thought and jumped into the shower. My Wife was still asleep but I was ready to start the day.

I exit the shower and start getting dressed and would you believe I hear several loud knocks on my door and "housekeeping!" yelled?????

I run to open the door and the housekeeper is standing there looking at me, (room is completely dark and I am only wearing boxers so its obvious we are not ready to have our room cleaned) she asks "service?"

I ask her what she means and she again says "service?"

I let my anger get the better of me and yell at her asking her what the hell she is doing waking guests up at 8am. Then I visit front desk and ask them the same question. They acted all shocked and promised to speak with the staff about the issue. I spot a staff member pushing a laundry cart and ask him if this is normal and he confirms that yes, it is how they do it. Our alarm clock also went off on its own at 720am...not sure if that was a coincidence or not.

Anyways, we were on the 9th floor and when we left for breakfast at 10am there were 4 or 5 housekeepers all working on our floor. I assume they all start on the top floor and work their way down??? In all my years of travel I have NEVER had housekeeping try and clean my room before I have checked out. I will spend the extra few bucks and return to the Hyatt for our next cruise or try one of the other hotels cruisers have recommended.

Will never give another dollar of my money to this hotel.

Sorry your hotel stay was so disappointing. For your next trip would you consider staying in another area or is the shopping in Secaucus a huge draw? Someone reported doing a park/sleep at the Crowne Plaza in Englewood NJ - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2394900&highlight=Englewood&page=2

This hotel has very reasonable rates and is close to the GW Bridge for easy access to the Manhattan Cruise Terminal for a comparable price to what you would pay from Secaucus. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2394900&highlight=Englewood&page=2

If shopping is important, you can just hop on the turnpike and be in Secaucus very quickly. If you do your research, there may be other reasonable Park/sleep options in the GW bridge area.

• 1 year later...

Are these hotels the only ones in the area that allow parking while on cruise?

There are other hotels in the area but I didn't want to waste my time calling them all if someone has already done this work, such as Hilton Garden, Marriot, Holiday Inn, etc.

There are other hotels in the area but I didn't want to waste my time calling them all if someone has already done this work, such as Hilton Garden, Marriot, Holiday Inn, etc.

The info on this thread has not been updated or verified for a while. Basically this thread focuses on Secaucus and north for folks sailing from the Manhattan Cruiseport. For some reason the NYC cruisers discuss the Manhattan Cruiseport parking cost endlessly but never post much about any of the private parking arrangements they have made in NJ.

Are you looking in a specific area like Secaucus or are you just looking for a hotel where you can park for free for the duration of your cruise?

Planning to come to New York a few days earlier so Secaucus seems like a reasonably priced place to stay for a few days before cruise and then parking for free is good too. This plan means we arrive, park and use the Secaucus hotel as home base without having to make any other plans aside from coming and going into NYC, which seems easy from this location. By the way, we are cruising on July 3 for 8 days on Carnival Horizon.

Check the La Quinta in Clifton NJ on route 3 east, give them a call. Located directly on a major highway next to a mall with a Target, Applebees and 1 or 2 other dining options. Using the rear entrance/exit of the hotel will be easier than pulling out onto route 3.