Tauck Completes Reconfiguration of River Cruise Fleet

Host Jazzbeau

Occasionally someone mentions that Tauck doesn't own their ships, but leases them from the Swiss company Scylla. I have always found this somewhat irrelevant since Tauck continually gets top marks for the quality of their ships, food and service. This article seems to show a much higher level of involvement by Tauck than a mere lessee – functionally similar to that of owner.

Absolutely true, the crew are excellent and the Tauck tour guides are also excellent. Tauck provides a top notch product on top notch ships. we are booked on our third river cruise with them next month based upon the high quality of our previous two cruises, Rhine and Danube. You get what you pay for with no extra costs during or after your cruise.

I would agree that the this is not a standard lease. I have understood it to mean that Tauck has cooperated with Scylla during the building - and refurbishing - of the ships. Scylla has done similar with other European companies where it came across as if the charterer had agreed specifications for the ships with Scylla. Here is another article on the Tauck fleet: https://www.travelagentcentral.com/cruises/tauck-s-ms-treasures-ms-espirit-finish-renovations

You can read up on Scylla here: https://www.scylla.ch/en

notamermaid