Embarkation - Do all have to be there?

vivianmarie244

We are splitting up my kids between our room and the grandparents room. We would have loved having an extra room just for the kids but we just couldn't afford the extra cost. Anyway, we're having a hard time getting both parties at the ship at the same time as we are driving in the day before and the grandparents are flying the day of. My questions is do all members of a room have to be present to check in? Obviously, we can be at the ship as soon as embarkation starts but the grandparents won't be there until the afternoon.

Our suggestion is for each family to check in and board when they can. The family arriving early claims one room (and just the keys for that room); they enjoy the ship until access to the rooms is provided. The second room is claimed when the other couple arrive. Then if necessary and after the ship sails, go to guest services to arrange replacement keys, as required. Has worked for us every time!

We are splitting up my kids between our room and the grandparents room. . Anyway, we're having a hard time getting both parties at the ship at the same time as we are driving in the day before and the grandparents are flying the day of. My questions is do all members of a room have to be present to check in? Obviously, we can be at the ship as soon as embarkation starts but the grandparents won't be there until the afternoon.

Not to change subjects...but the grandparents flying in the same maybe your bigger problem.

I don't know what line but in our experience, one adult has to be present

Is one of the kids actually booked into the GPs room?

I don't know about RCCL at this point, but Carnival allows you to print a combined boarding pass or individuals, presumably for this type of situation. I think you'd be OK on that point, but I also question if the child who's in the room with the grandparents will even be allowed the check in without an adult for that room present.

You really need to call RCCL. If the GPs late arrival is an inconvenience, that is part of the experience of a family vacation. If the GPs actually miss the ship, you may have a much much larger problem.

I would think that an adult would need to be present for each room, but you'd need to check with RCCL.

You may want to look at putting one parent & one grandparent in each room on the reservation and then getting keys worked out onboard. That should enable your family to check in and board without the grandparents. It should also protect you if the grandparents were to have flight issues and miss the ship (the way you described your bookings now would mean that the child booked in their room would not be able to sail if they didn't get there).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 8 months later...