Able to buy another wifi sign on for the room on the Voyager

Welcome to the Regent board. Yes - you can certainly purchase Wi-Fi for a second person if you wish to do so. Also, you mention going to the library - perhaps you are thinking of Explorer that has two computers in the library. Voyager has at least 10 computers in the computer room ..... plenty since most people are using their own devices. However, whether you are using your own device(s) or are in the computer room, only one person can log in at the same time.

Are the two sign ins a loyalty benefit? Our first cruise was a 72 day one. Both of us have always been able to sign on at the same time.

Yes - it is a loyalty benefit for Gold and above Seven Seas Society members*. Actually, we get 4 logins - more than we can use!

*It used to be a benefit for Silver and above but changed a while ago.

Yes - it is a loyalty benefit for Gold and above Seven Seas Society members*. Actually, we get 4 logins - more than we can use!

*It used to be a benefit for Silver and above but changed a while ago.

I kind of thought it was. On the first cruise we were silver and each had a sign in. We now have four.

Guests sailing in Concierge Suites and higher, as well as Seven Seas Society members who have reached Gold-level status and higher, receive up to four logins, four devices, per suite.

Not according to the Regent website: https://www.rssc.com/experience/concierge-amenities

Perhaps things have changed? In my opinion, unless/until Wi-Fi is improved, the last thing that we need is more "free" log-ins.

The words in post #6 were taken directly from Regent’s website:

https://www.rssc.com/experience/onboard-activities/internet-packages

The details are also shown on the listings of amenities for concierge suites on each of the ships.

.............. but my sincere apologies if I have misinterpreted what Regent are advertising, and have been advertising for some time.

We earned Silver status on our first Regent voyage in 2011 (25 days from Lima to Buenos Aires) and since then have always been able to receive more than one log-in even when the benefit was upped to Gold. In essence we were "grandfathered" in. Each cruise since the change, we have just checked with the computer manager in the computer room, and received authorization.

The words in post #6 were taken directly from Regent’s website:

https://www.rssc.com/experience/onboard-activities/internet-packages

The details are also shown on the listings of amenities for concierge suites on each of the ships.

.............. but my sincere apologies if I have misinterpreted what Regent are advertising, and have been advertising for some time.

Apparently Regent's website is incorrect since both of our links come from there!

Not according to the Regent website: https://www.rssc.com/experience/concierge-amenities

Perhaps things have changed? In my opinion, unless/until Wi-Fi is improved, the last thing that we need is more "free" log-ins.

TC, I have in front of me a Regent mini brochure that dropped through my door today and the exact wording regarding Free WiFi is 'WiFI includes one log-in, one device per suite. Concierge Suites and higher receive up to four log-ins, four devices per suite.

I have just checked and the newest 'big' brochure states the same.

TC, I have in front of me a Regent mini brochure that dropped through my door today and the exact wording regarding Free WiFi is 'WiFI includes one log-in, one device per suite. Concierge Suites and higher receive up to four log-ins, four devices per suite.

I have just checked and the newest 'big' brochure states the same.

Thanks - obviously the information posted on the other part of the website (under Concierge amenities) is wrong! We have had our own log-ins for at least 10 years and do recall when they changed the Seven Seas Society benefits (and grandfathered those that reached Silver level by a certain date) but do not recall much about the Concierge Suites (likely because I strongly disliked Regent making some suites "concierge" - taking the pre-cruise hotel night away, etc. - even though I understood why they did it).

Pardon me for asking. Am I missing something? Why do two people need four log-Ins?? My husband and I each have our own log-in. That’s two. I have several different log-in names. But I use only one at a time on my tablet or phone. I didn’t know we had four. Or, why we need it.

Looking forward to your answers.

Sheila

Pardon me for asking. Am I missing something? Why do two people need four log-Ins?? My husband and I each have our own log-in. That’s two. I have several different log-in names. But I use only one at a time on my tablet or phone. I didn’t know we had four. Or, why we need it.

Looking forward to your answers.

Sheila

Agree with you but have you ever accidentally stayed logged on to your device in your suite and go downstairs to print something only to find that you were not logged off off your other device and have to go back to your suite to log out? While we do not do this often, it does happen. Perhaps Regent could find a way to log us off other devices when we sign on.

If any device is logged on, but in in use (including not doing auto update), the device does not use any bandwidth. I never log off from any of my devices, cell phone, tablets, laptop, after I have initially log in.

J

I'm guilty of being logged in on multiple devices at times. It's rare but it happens. As I'm still in the workforce, sometimes I'll log in on my phone to check my personal mail but then grab my tablet to check my work mail and system status. I actually brought 4 devices with me on one trip; work phone/laptop and personal phone/iPad. Not to mention my wife's phones, iPad, and Kindle. We usually only use one login per person, but as you can see there's the potential to use all four for brief periods.

Hopefully I'll get my devices consolidated before our next cruise. Hopefully.

PS - TC was correct about Regent grandfathering multiple logins for Silver members a few years ago; we've had multiple logins since probably around 2010 or so, even after the policy changes.

Hypothetically, and gently, as 2 people who do not use any of this stuff while on vacation; if we were to be chatting with the OP while on board about their need for another login..... could we offer up our internet benefit to let them avoid paying an extra charge?

Apparently Regent's website is incorrect since both of our links come from there!

In this instance saying that the website is incorrect is perhaps a little harsh.

There is an omission of information on the webpage you referenced. Other pages, e.g. detailed suite descriptions for each ship, all give a consistent message.

Hopefully, you have informed the web guru (is that still Mike Moore?) of your discovery so that the page may be updated in due course.

Hypothetically, it is cheating and I would not post this on a pubic board!

Interesting perspective TC. You made me wonder if we have been "cheating" all these years since, as non wine drinkers, we alway seek out other passengers who might want and appreciate the bottle of champagne that we find in our stateroom when we arrive on board (other cruise lines up to now as our upcoming cruise will be our first on Regent). Were we "cheating" Oceania et al. out of the "sale" of another bottle of champagne? Or was that "perk" ours to do with as we pleased?

Interesting perspective TC. You made me wonder if we have been "cheating" all these years since, as non wine drinkers, we alway seek out other passengers who might want and appreciate the bottle of champagne that we find in our stateroom when we arrive on board (other cruise lines up to now as our upcoming cruise will be our first on Regent). Were we "cheating" Oceania et al. out of the "sale" of another bottle of champagne? Or was that "perk" ours to do with as we pleased?

Aha......this is a public board......be careful.

PS - TC was correct about Regent grandfathering multiple logins for Silver members a few years ago; we've had multiple logins since probably around 2010 or so, even after the policy changes.

HELP please on how to get multiple logins when grandfatherered in. We attained silver (had 37 nights) prior to the internet policy change on 10/1/14. Yet every cruise we only get 1 log in, and when we check with the front desk we are told flat out we are not entitled to another log in. When I mention about being grandfathered in, they know nothing about it.

Even though we are close to gold, we'd sure like to get that extra log in for our next upcoming cuirse in June.

UUNetBill, can you or someone else please tell us who we should be talking to get the extra log in?

HELP please on how to get multiple logins when grandfatherered in. We attained silver (had 37 nights) prior to the internet policy change on 10/1/14. Yet every cruise we only get 1 log in, and when we check with the front desk we are told flat out we are not entitled to another log in. When I mention about being grandfathered in, they know nothing about it.

Even though we are close to gold, we'd sure like to get that extra log in for our next upcoming cuirse in June.

UUNetBill, can you or someone else please tell us who we should be talking to get the extra log in?

I would contact the Manager of the Seven Seas Society at corporate. His email address is jokeefe@rssc.com

I would contact the Manager of the Seven Seas Society at corporate. His email address is jokeefe@rssc.com

Definitely Jason. He’s always been able to help us with any SSS issues we’ve had in the past.