Wadi Rum Excursion From Aqaba

trekkie1701

We did the Wadi Rum tour while sailing aboard the Pacific Princess in March, 2017. About a 1.25 hr bus ride from Aqaba through desert when you begin to see dramatic monolithic mountains rise from the desert floor. A very interesting tour in the area where Lawrence pestered the Ottomans in WWI. Well worth it if you have already been to Petra, but if not...then I would go to Petra.

Will be in Aqaba the later part of August on Viking Orion. Did anyone do The Viking excursion to Petra? Was it worth the expense?

We have been to Petra with another cruise line. I don't know how much Viking is charging, but it would have to be excessive for me not to go. It is an amazing place. My only complaint was that I would have liked to have had more time there. If you haven't read about it, do, as this might help make your decison.

Our Viking excursion to Petra was great! However, it was quite expensive not sure why....maybe the local tour company just demands those costs. On our way back to the ship the buses stopped at a shop that supports local woman and in the parking area Viking set up a great tea, figs and tasty local desserts....many of the management staff were there and had donned local head garb....wish I had a picture to post.