Viking Guarantee Cabin

TrulyBlonde

This morning vikingcruises.com had 6 cabins in PS category, PV1 available, 2 cabins in PV2, limited availability in DV1, DV2 available. Everything else except of explorer cabins has been sold out.

I just checked AND everything is SOLD OUT below PS3!!!

How it could be possible?!!

Checked my Viking journey and no cabin assignment. What’s going on? It’s the first time I see that so many cabins are sold out in one day.

That kept happening on our cruise. I kept changing. Then they started offering upgrades for $.

But I was told by TellUs that the cabin is guaranteed by Viking and I don’t need to worry about it.

Now I do worry :(

• 1 month later...

We are 195 days out and our guarantee cabin has been assigned. I certainly wasn't expecting an assignment until a few days, or weeks prior to sailing. My question is: is it possible, or likely Viking will reassign prior to embarkation, or is it pretty much done? Another question is, can I book restaurant reservations and shore excursions based on the category assigned, or the guarantee level booked?

We are 195 days out and our guarantee cabin has been assigned. I certainly wasn't expecting an assignment until a few days, or weeks prior to sailing. My question is: is it possible, or likely Viking will reassign prior to embarkation, or is it pretty much done? Another question is, can I book restaurant reservations and shore excursions based on the category assigned, or the guarantee level booked?

You can book restaurant and excursions on the category assigned.

I asked Viking about this (it’s a first time I had a GTY this year) and was told this is it - the category. You can change a cabin within your assigned category anytime if the category is available.

Hope this helps.

That is far out! It must be a popular cruise that sold out or is close to selling out - like Australia is sold out for next winter! I believe the only way that assigned rooms get changed is if they need your room and offer you a higher cabin for $ or for free. You book reservations based on the category of room assigned. It should say on your My Viking Journey account how many reservations you have to use. Don’t hesitate to call Viking with questions. Did you get an upgrade?

That is far out! It must be a popular cruise that sold out or is close to selling out - like Australia is sold out for next winter! I believe the only way that assigned rooms get changed is if they need your room and offer you a higher cabin for $ or for free. You book reservations based on the category of room assigned. It should say on your My Viking Journey account how many reservations you have to use. Don’t hesitate to call Viking with questions. Did you get an upgrade?

We did get an upgrade. Not from bottom to explorer suite but significant. Since we are so far out from embarkation we still cannot book restaurant or excursions.

We booked a V1 gty and also just got upgraded and assigned cabin #5052 for our 12/4 cruise. We booked #5047 for our 12/28 second part of the cruise. Now if we can get them to assign us the same cabin for the 30 days, that would be wonderful!

We booked a V1 gty and also just got upgraded and assigned cabin #5052 for our 12/4 cruise. We booked #5047 for our 12/28 second part of the cruise. Now if we can get them to assign us the same cabin for the 30 days, that would be wonderful!

You are our next door neighbors!

You could ask your TA to check if either room is available - 5052 might be available on the second part of your cruise or 5047 on the first leg OR the other cabin of the same category will be available for both legs. The moment you are assigned a particular category, you could choose your cabin. I already changed my cabin 2 times. Happy sailing

You could ask your TA to check if either room is available - 5052 might be available on the second part of your cruise or 5047 on the first leg OR the other cabin of the same category will be available for both legs. The moment you are assigned a particular category, you could choose your cabin. I already changed my cabin 2 times. Happy sailing

That’s what I’m hoping. Thanks.

You are our next door neighbors!

Not anymore.

We’ve been reassigned with the same cabin from 12/4 through 1/3 - 5066. Yay!

We’re right at the elevator - been in similar cabin on another ship and never heard any noise from the elevator lobby. We’re happy!

Not anymore.

We’ve been reassigned with the same cabin from 12/4 through 1/3 - 5066. Yay!

We’re right at the elevator - been in similar cabin on another ship and never heard any noise from the elevator lobby. We’re happy!

So glad to hear this! :)

Arggggg! I've been following this thread avidly because we booked the Sun December Lisbon to Miami TA while on our Trade Routes cruise this spring. All that was available in veranda cheap seats was the guarantee so we took it. We're still listed as guarantee however. Sheesh! This is like waiting til Christmas..wait, we'll be on board somewhere on board at Christmas...;p:p;p