I got out and used my camera today...

pierces

Almost made the Picture of the week. Would have if St. Patrick's day hadn't pushed the Irish cupcake over the top.

Organizing storage for the Simplification Project and found our bag of interesting coins.

p2787708046-5.jpg

Dave

Beautiful Photo. 2 thumbs up.

I'm a daily shooter. I never leave home without a camera. But I haven't shot anything interesting lately. So all I have to submit is a simple picture of a geranium filled Terracotta pot sitting in my front landscape that I took this morning with my Olympus E-P1 using the Pin Hole filter.

4736340307_5e1b3e504d_b.jpg

There have been some very nice photos on this thread.

On June 25, 2018 this little experiment will be eight years old. It has over 3,200 responses (mostly theme posts) and over 300,000 views.

To all the folks who have looked in and enjoyed the pretty pictures over the years but haven't contributed, make June 25 the day you post something you took that day. To all the contributors, do the same. (Keep up the regular posts too :) )

We spend a collective fortune on our cameras and phones. Use them to make your own art and share it.

Happy shooting!

Dave

There have been some very nice photos on this thread.

On June 25, 2018 this little experiment will be eight years old. It has over 3,200 responses (mostly theme posts) and over 300,000 views.

To all the folks who have looked in and enjoyed the pretty pictures over the years but haven't contributed, make June 25 the day you post something you took that day. To all the contributors, do the same. (Keep up the regular posts too :) )

We spend a collective fortune on our cameras and phones. Use them to make your own art and share it.

Happy shooting!

Dave

Because I shoot RAw and post here from my iPad it is a real pita to post photos, constantly get told they’re too large, have to upload to a sharing site (which I don’t like doing as they all reserve the right to use my work in any way they choose) resize, load onto the iPad, then finally post.

But I might get out on 25 June with my pad and take some shots just to post, if I’m out of hospital by then.

• 2 weeks later...

New camera sitting on desk. 23-year-old cat wanders across the window-lit floor meowing like only a deaf old kitty can. New camera turns on much faster than old camera, so I got the shot. Literally a snapshot. The dynamic range of the A6300 is very, very good but the sensor in the new camera is nothing short of amazing. I just clicked Tone Control > Auto and exported it.

I'm not disappointed with the 28-70mm kit lens either.

Loud Lucy - 1/60s - f/4.5 - ISO12800

p2829871251-5.jpg

Dave

• 1 month later...
New camera sitting on desk. 23-year-old cat wanders across the window-lit floor meowing like only a deaf old kitty can. New camera turns on much faster than old camera, so I got the shot. Literally a snapshot. The dynamic range of the A6300 is very, very good but the sensor in the new camera is nothing short of amazing. I just clicked Tone Control > Auto and exported it.

I'm not disappointed with the 28-70mm kit lens either.

Loud Lucy - 1/60s - f/4.5 - ISO12800

p2829871251-5.jpg

Good snapshot Dave. Which camera did you use?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh, look!

Amazon Lightning Deal!

In Camera, Photo & Video...

Novelty crystal ball prop that I thought would be interesting and at a little over $10, cheap enough.

Has potential.

p2901055425-5.jpg

I'll try it on some scenery and see if it is even remotely worth a slot in the bottom of the travel camera bag.

Dave