Passport question.

We did a R/T out of Seattle with a stop in Victoria - no issues going into town. We took a cab to Chinatown to see Fan Tan Alley, have dinner and then walked back via the Inner Harbor. Didn't need a passport

Can't say as to the Yukon via Skagway

• 2 months later...

I thought everyone needed a passport these days. IF everything went perfectly you may not use it but if there was a problem and you ended up,off the ship in a foreign country without one- could be problematic. Not sure when you are cruising but there are ways to expedite process.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If any of the stops (Victoria) are included, then you must have a passport. Also you Are sailing in Canadian waters and whether you really get off the ship, you do required to carry your passport.

Most ships a passport is listed as a requirement to board. Check you passenger contract

Have a great trip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last time i was on the Alaskan cruise we took the Skagway train to the Yukon and a lot of the US citizens did not take their passports, they were turned back at the change over point. The Yukon is Canadian soil.

Rule of thumb, take your passport on the ship and if you are going out to the Yukon put it in your back pack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk