Senior Officers List

Grandma Cruising

Just been having a look at the Senior Officers list and it’s now up to date for this year for the Journey and the Quest, and there is information for the Pursuit, but no captain is listed from 13 August which will be when Capt Carl Smith goes on leave after the Pursuits maiden voyage.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No it's still not correct. Not unless Tony and Ryszard can be on two ships at the same time! Both are booked for Pursuit and Journey in July/August 2018 whereas of course, we know they will be on Pursuit. That leaves a gap in the correct info for Journey.

Also noted a new name for CD on Pursuit...Amanda? Could that be Amanda Poulson the singer? Few new names for Executive Chefs too.

Here is the link. Scroll to the bottom of the page.

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/life-onboard/crew/senior-officer-schedule

Almost , but not quite. .. The list still only shows Johannes, Magnus and Jose as captains on the Journey and Quest. Magnus will probably not go back to Journey. I think we are still waiting for the annoucement of who will be the new captain besides Johannes on Journey.

Amanda Poulson will be assistant CD to Tony on Pursuit. Ernest Marchain to Russ on Quest. Meg ??, a former #2 female singer, will assist Ernest when Russ vacations.

Magnus and Jose will be Quest's captains. Antonio Toledo will spell Carl on Pursuit.

No it's still not correct. Not unless Tony and Ryszard can be on two ships at the same time! Both are booked for Pursuit and Journey in July/August 2018 whereas of course, we know they will be on Pursuit. That leaves a gap in the correct info for Journey.

Also noted a new name for CD on Pursuit...Amanda? Could that be Amanda Poulson the singer? Few new names for Executive Chefs too.

Seems to me the list is still very wrong, Magnus is also in two ships.maybe when you are on in June you can get the correct list for JR fie mud summwr to end of year, it looks like I will nit see Wric at all. Christmas without him would be sad. Celebrating eight years on the line that cruise.

I would think by now they would stop moving the chefs around so much. I mostly get Iwan. He is really good on getting me special orders of veggie meals Monica does to but I seem to have IWAN the most.

Does this mean that the details on the cruise booking pages are correct or incorrect as my BTB in May both legs are showing Captain Carl and Ryszard ?

Does this mean that the details on the cruise booking pages are correct or incorrect as my BTB in May both legs are showing Captain Carl and Ryszard ?

Magnus came on Quest on March 28 and I expect he will be on for ten weeks at which time Jose will return. Philip leaves for vacation on April 20 and Tomasz will "step up" from F&B manager to hotel director while Philip vacations.

SonAnn you are saying Carl has no holiday until mid August when he goes home! Which means he is not there for the naming of the ship. Plus no Captain as of yet for his replacement,

Love to know who is on JR firvHD and CD this summer,

SonAnn you are saying Carl has no holiday until mid August when he goes home! Which means he is not there for the naming of the ship. Plus no Captain as of yet for his replacement,

Love to know who is on JR firvHD and CD this summer,

I understand Carl should be on leave any time now returning to Pursuit in July.

He will be at the naming and I think a few after. there is a new replacement in place - can’t share the name here

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is fine as long as they promoted/hire two more captains . HD and CD.. it seems I know who on Quest but not JR.

I worked hard to get to the naming but the connection times sucked to get there. If only sooner in August.

Capt Carl is in Belfast with the Pursuit and will stay with her up to and including her maiden voyage in August. The cruise booking pages are wrong.

Thanks for the reply, surely it would be better to give no information than to give the wrong information [emoji51]

Magnus told us the new Pursuit captain also visited Quest. See post #5 above.

Yes. One new hire is already through much training and many know his name but are respecting the request to wait for the official announcement and one is still to leave his previous company to join Journey to sail on 17 June in command

A new Staff Captain Pelle joined Journey at the end of March a really nice guy.

There are no purely HD hires. The F and B managers will act as HD when the permanent HD is on leave so effectively they will work 50% time as HD each contract. The three FB doing this are Fred on Journey Tomaz on Quest and Elizabeth a new hire on Pursuits. She is currently on Journey shadowing Heike and Fred. She’s also from Germany and strikes us as being very much like Heike from our first conversations.

Some new backfill posts in FB are still being sorted out.

Elizabeth is a new hire who has just joined Azamara. I think she has been on other premium lines and also with Starwood hotels.

I am not sure where this hire leaves Scottish Thomas but she’s being introduced to guests as being Ryzards cover on Pursuits.

Of course a lot can change

Yes. One new hire is already through much training and many know his name but are respecting the request to wait for the official announcement and one is still to leave his previous company to join Journey to sail on 17 June in command

A new Staff Captain Pelle joined Journey at the end of March a really nice guy.

There are no purely HD hires. The F and B managers will act as HD when the permanent HD is on leave so effectively they will work 50% time as HD each contract. The three FB doing this are Fred on Journey Tomaz on Quest and Elizabeth a new hire on Pursuits. She is currently on Journey shadowing Heike and Fred. She’s also from Germany and strikes us as being very much like Heike from our first conversations.

Some new backfill posts in FB are still being sorted out.

Ann

Thank you! It is Elizabeth name Indid not know.i knew Tomaz was. Moving up but did not know Fred was. I see Fred then this summer. Nothing else planned for this year.

I am still not sure who is taking Eric’s place when he is gone this August. Guess it will be a surprise.

As far as captains I was hoping a staff captain would be promote.

Thank you again for the info,

Alicia is Eric’s deputy. She’s been singing onboard for a few months now. Her own show Expect the Unexpected is very good indeed

Thanks Ann

I read her name by you but i have not met her yet. last AZ was Nov to Havana. Looking forward to her show in late August.