Flies???

3Shelaghs

Please, if you want to catch flies have a barby and stand with you mouth open. The use of fly netting to catch flies is illegal and places our fly industry in jeopardy.

Ps if somebody suggests you get maggotted with them this has nothing to do with fly larvae - you will just be getting drunk.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

I just heard on the radio at 3.00 am this morning that fly fishing is one of the fastest growing sports in the world.

Plenty of flies here so we will probably become a mecca for overseas visitors wishing to participate in this new fad.

Alice Springs (stepping off city for a visit to Ularu) is very well placed for tourist to try fly fishing in the Todd River, should be plenty of flies there in the summer time.

But don't be tempted to catch a very rare, elusive and rarely seen eight legged colourful Sailfish that proliferates the river for only a few days each year - in August, as after all, your are only there to try fly fishing and the sailfish apparently scream like hell if caught on a hook.

I just heard on the radio at 3.00 am this morning that fly fishing is one of the fastest growing sports in the world.

Plenty of flies here so we will probably become a mecca for overseas visitors wishing to participate in this new fad.

Alice Springs (stepping off city for a visit to Ularu) is very well placed for tourist to try fly fishing in the Todd River, should be plenty of flies there in the summer time.

But don't be tempted to catch a very rare, elusive and rarely seen eight legged colourful Sailfish that proliferates the river for only a few days each year - in August, as after all, your are only there to try fly fishing and the sailfish apparently scream like hell if caught on a hook.

You’d need a little hook wouldn’t you.

I will have to search on those. I love reading writing that is cleaver.

Ramona

Yes,some posters are having fun and they are clever. However, in Uluru there are times when people do actually needs to wear bug nets over their faces. That’s not a joke. My husband and I needed them when we were there in March. The flies are attracted to moisture and they go into your eyes, nose and mouth. It’s gross, but we have been told that flies are otherwise harmless. Our visit would have been ruined if we hadn’t had them. We looked ridiculous though lol. Great pictures:)

Sent from my iPad using Forums