thx!

for one of my sdp meals:

Guacamole en Molcajete

Queso Fundido

one De Pescado taco (instead of 3)

one Al Pastor taco (instead of 3)

one/both types of Enchiladas

and for the entree: Carne Asada

for the Quesadilla de Tres Quesos, will i get charged extra $ for adding shrimp/chicken? (appetizer section)

Does anyone know if the cigar bar is on the ship. It was on the description we saw when originally booked but not seeing it in any of the pictures. Husband and brother in law will be disappointed if it didn’t get included. Thanks,

Does anyone know if the cigar bar is on the ship. It was on the description we saw when originally booked but not seeing it in any of the pictures. Husband and brother in law will be disappointed if it didn’t get included. Thanks,
Yes, deck 8. Opposite Sugarcane and next to Ocean Blue.

Sent from my E6553 using Forums mobile app

We have received two upgrade emails and we sail on June 2 (and our first email came at exactly the 80 day mark as well). We put in a very low bid so not expecting it to be accepted but will be a very nice surprise if it is. We only bid for an H6 aft penthouse (although there were several Haven categories we could have bid on). We are currently in a B1 aft balcony and didn't want to give up the aft view.

So if we don't get an accepted bid so be it. We are perfectly happy with our aft balcony. But it has been fun to at least try for it!

Who get this upgrades email!?. First to ncl get one? You need to be in one type of stateroom to get that email!?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I received one last sailing. We had a mid ship balcony booked. Did not bid on upgrade. Liked our location. I believe a computer picks who gets the upgrade email.

wait.. ncl still giving out free upgrades w/o bids??

thought that was history since the new bidding system was put into place?

The upgrade is not free. You bid $ for a better room. It’s actually an up sell.

huh?

you said in post #4217 you got an upgrade but did not bid??

or are you saying you got an upgrade OFFER?

ie: guarantee of getting that room class if you pay the upgrade fee?

Well, I can understand the desire for them to go forward with something other than a name which makes reference to their past CEO (Kevin Sheehan), so "The Local" seems as good as any, and won't need to be changed with any future corporate departures.

It's interesting what some people call that place - the most common one I hear (multiple times/ships) is O'Shanahan's :D

Tom

** off topic post**

The name change for the same venue is a bit disheartening for those of us who really appreciated Kevin O'Sheehan as the CEO of NCL. :) I believe appreciation for the past and what was accomplished, is a good thing.

Sorry, I received an email that I could participate in the upgrade.

Here is part of the email.

“There's still time to participate in our Upgrade Advantage program, which gives you the opportunity to submit offers to upgrade your existing stateroom.”

Let’s say I wanted to bid on a mini suite. The cheapest bid available set by NCL was $300pp. So it would cost me $600 if I won the bid. You can’t pick your room location. NCL will let you know a couple of days before departure if you won your bid & room number. I looked to see what mini suites were still available & they were not in a location I preferred. So, I did not participate in the bidding process. Hope this helps.

Sorry, I received an email that I could participate in the upgrade.

Here is part of the email.

“There's still time to participate in our Upgrade Advantage program, which gives you the opportunity to submit offers to upgrade your existing stateroom.”

Let’s say I wanted to bid on a mini suite. The cheapest bid available set by NCL was $300pp. So it would cost me $600 if I won the bid. You can’t pick your room location. NCL will let you know a couple of days before departure if you won your bid & room number. I looked to see what mini suites were still available & they were not in a location I preferred. So, I did not participate in the bidding process. Hope this helps.

ah thx.

this is the standard bidding process that everyone is eligible for. (up to 2 categories higher than what you have)

i guess that email was just a reminder that you havent bid yet.

** off topic post**

The name change for the same venue is a bit disheartening for those of us who really appreciated Kevin O'Sheehan as the CEO of NCL. :) I believe appreciation for the past and what was accomplished, is a good thing.

I've only taken one cruise on NCL so I don't know much about the history. But I think "The Local" is a terrible, generic, awkward, confusing, name to replace O'Sheehans. If you wanted to make it basic then why not "The Pub"? All I think when I hear "The Local" is that I'm about to get novacaine or antiseptic for something.

I've only taken one cruise on NCL so I don't know much about the history. But I think "The Local" is a terrible, generic, awkward, confusing, name to replace O'Sheehans. If you wanted to make it basic then why not "The Pub"? All I think when I hear "The Local" is that I'm about to get novacaine or antiseptic for something.

Following on the theme of it O’Sheehans being an Irish pub I suspect they have called it that as in England ‘the local’ does mean your closest pub / bar.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If anyone is trying to argue that "The Local" is a worse venue name than O'Flannishans they must have a family member with the same last name, because I don't think a single person calls that venue the right name on the Escape. I'll take a well-suited generic name over a CEO's bad choice to pay homage to himself any day.

Alright back to ship talk, I can't wait to try a drink at the A List Bar!

Does NCL set minimum bid or can you pull a price is right move and bid $1

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They use a minimum bid limit and then rate your bid on a scale that tells you how ‘good’ it is which equates to how likely it is to be accepted.

Check this video out -

FIRST LOOK! NCL Norwegian Bliss Inaugural Cruise SHIP TOUR

I just can't wait to go to Alaska on her.... it is her right? I can't wait for the reviews, videos of the balcony cabins, especially the ones on the 8th deck, I have one of the "secret larger" balconies booked and I want to check it out. PLEASE POST VIDEOS CURRENT CRUISERS.....