Choir of Man is no longer free, it now cost extra

shof515

ME..i am going to bring everything with me when i board the ship next month, screenshots of the web page showing $0, my confirmation email that says $0..i feel like they should honor it and that they should not be allowing reservations for this if the system was not ready

Me Too!

Hamilton is NOT a typical Broadway show. It's the only show on Broadway that costs that much, due to it's popularity.

Actually, it costs "that much" in large measure because the producers in NY allow tickets to be scalped or otherwise resold. Much (not all) of the Hamilton (in NY) ticket market is re-sales, hence the scarcity of tickets (scalpers are grabbing them) and the huge mark-ups. In sharp contrast, the producers of Hamilton in London decided they wanted to prevent re-sales, so they are using a paperless ticket system. You buy your "tickets" on line, and you get a confirming email. There are no actual tickets. To enter the theatre, the original purchaser must be present in person, with the confirming email, a photo ID, and the credit card used for the purchase, plus everyone else attending in the same party. (You can't even make a gift of the "tickets," unless you are attending in person as well.) This has virtually eliminated the scalping and re-sale market, and it means that people are able to see Hamilton in London for the actual prices set by the theatre. And it means that when a block of "tickets" are released for purchase, they don't instantly sell out.

Sorry for continuing the OT discussion, but I wanted to give some props to the London producers of Hamilton.

Anyone cruising in the next month who made $0 Choir of Man reservations? I would greatly appreciate an update as to whether or not NCL will honor it!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

They are not honoring it. A balance due was on my account yesterday after I booked it at $0 in the morning. I called & cancelled

They are not honoring it. A balance due was on my account yesterday after I booked it at $0 in the morning. I called & cancelled

strange. so far there is no balance due message on my account and i checked everywhere

Since you have to pay at the time of booking, and I'm already booked, I don't anticipate they will charge me. I'm not sure how they would know as your sitting at your table who has paid and who hasn't. We shall see.

I have heard from people who called NCL Customer Service that charges will appear on their account onboard if not canceled.

They have to notify you before charging, no?

They should, a notification will be nice as a heads up or they should cancel the reservation automatically. similar to how they canceled a few after midnight and for the record shows on certain dates. I am going to hold onto my reservation for as long as i can. Right now, my account is still show the $0.00 pricing online, the only time i see a price is if i try to book a date/time now. so i think their system is still not 100% perfect.

and it looks like they are being kicked off the ship in august to do some land based shows. really odd to have them on the ship for like 3 months

Yeah, I forgot about the initial announcement people have quoted shows them only until early August. Will there be someone else there until they come back or just no show?

I called NCL this morning about my reservation for the Choir of Man and canceled due to the charge they are asking for it now. It was free when I booked it and made a copy of this reservation. Anyway.... Customer service didn't even know about the cost of the show, they thought it was free also. She tried booking the show on her end and saw it was still free until she went to payment section and thats when the price $29.45. She put me on hold to check w/her supervisor and came back to inform me this is a supper club show thats why the price was added. Like I said earlier I just canceled my reservation.

So beware if you call customer service they may not know anything about this situation.

Actually, it costs "that much" in large measure because the producers in NY allow tickets to be scalped or otherwise resold. Much (not all) of the Hamilton (in NY) ticket market is re-sales, hence the scarcity of tickets (scalpers are grabbing them) and the huge mark-ups. In sharp contrast, the producers of Hamilton in London decided they wanted to prevent re-sales, so they are using a paperless ticket system. You buy your "tickets" on line, and you get a confirming email. There are no actual tickets. To enter the theatre, the original purchaser must be present in person, with the confirming email, a photo ID, and the credit card used for the purchase, plus everyone else attending in the same party. (You can't even make a gift of the "tickets," unless you are attending in person as well.) This has virtually eliminated the scalping and re-sale market, and it means that people are able to see Hamilton in London for the actual prices set by the theatre. And it means that when a block of "tickets" are released for purchase, they don't instantly sell out.

Sorry for continuing the OT discussion, but I wanted to give some props to the London producers of Hamilton.

My neighbor who is in the business says it’s hurting other shows, tourists come planning on spending a finite amount on shows, and are seeing Hamilton instead of three or four others.

Hamilton is NOT a typical Broadway show. It's the only show on Broadway that costs that much, due to it's popularity. We're seeing the touring version, in the orchestra, next year for $85. Cruise line productions of any Broadway shows, while good, are still the cruise line versions. You just can't get the quality performers on a cruise ship that Broadway has. NCL it just trying to fees back into the Supper Club. It's has really produced much revenue since they moved the Brat Pack to the theater. Never heard of this new production. It's not a Broadway show though.

I would totally disagree. My last cruise had some cast members who had been on broadway and several from broadway tours.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Question: How long are these paid dinner shows? What kind of dinner, menu/buffet? Choir Of Men looks awesome...and I completely disagree about Hamilton. It is going to be A-mazing. We are going in NYC the day before we board for our cruise in June and it will be worth every penny (and we bought from the box office).

Question: How long are these paid dinner shows? What kind of dinner, menu/buffet? Choir Of Men looks awesome...and I completely disagree about Hamilton. It is going to be A-mazing. We are going in NYC the day before we board for our cruise in June and it will be worth every penny (and we bought from the box office).

the show is about 1 hour long

That's the appropriate approach for them to take. If they're going to charge you, they surely shouldn't just allow you to think your $0 conformation is valid. If you want to rebook it, then you'll know how much it costs.
I agree that it's better to cancel than charge but the whole thing just rubs me the wrong way.

Depending on when you booked your cruise, the gratuity for this show is only 18% instead of the 20% that is on the description. The difference is only about a dollar but i was surprised to see my paid confirmation showing only 18% gratuity. that was a nice hidden unexpected bonus.

Menu and my take on the show:

Beer (no opinion on it as I despise beer)

Potted Salmon appetizer which since I don’t eat seafood was substituted with a mixed greens salad. Very good.

Bangers and Mash (sausage & mashed potatoes & Savoy cabbage) entree. Meh

Bread pudding and strawberries and whipped cream for dessert. Both were OK but not like bread pudding that I’m used to.

Although the food wasn’t to our liking, the 4 Of us thought the show was wonderful and well worth the charge even without eating dinner.

They have great voices, they were very interactive with the audience and it was a lot of fun. Two thumbs up.