Mobile AL, any cheap parking for cruise?

anwer19990

I have a carnival cruise from Mobile Al. I have heard that there is a nearby city parking garage that charges $7 per day. Can you please share any informatiom ablut this parking lot (exact name, telephone number etc.). The carnival curise charges $75 for 5 days whereas I heard this cuise charges $35 for the cuise for the duration of the cruise.

Thanks

Anwer

We stayed in Saraland, and spent the night and left our car in their parking lot and they shuttled us over and picked us up too!!! I can't recall the name of the hotel there but they all did the shuttle, it was only about 7 min to the port. if we ever cruise out of Mobile I would stay here again..

We stayed in Saraland, and spent the night and left our car in their parking lot and they shuttled us over and picked us up too!!! I can't recall the name of the hotel there but they all did the shuttle, it was only about 7 min to the port. if we ever cruise out of Mobile I would stay here again..

Microtel?

You can park in the city parking garage next to the former Radisson Admiral Semmes hotel, it recently changed names and I do not know the new name.

the hotel is at 251 government street

In the past I have paid for parking at the hotel and they give you a receipt, when you leave just hold up the receipt and they open the gate.

When you pay for parking also make a reservation for the free shuttle to take you to the port. The first one normally leaves at 10:30am but they will also be picking up passengers that are getting off of the ship. Just tip the driver a few bucks. When you get back make sure to have the shuttle phone number and call them and they will pick you up and take you back to the elevator door to get your car.

This saves a few dollars but it avoids alot of traffic.

I have used this lot twice and plan on using it in jan-feb for my next cruise.

have fun

the Admiral Semmes Hotel..formerly Raddison..A.S. they no longer take phone in res'. i tried last week after over 30 visits there. You can drop off a peep w/ bags, go to park, for $7 a day..the driver then walks back to terminal and joins other peep..do the same in reverse on debark day. other wise shuttle from there w/parking is $55 total..except during Mardi Gras..then $75 for 5 day-er

The Rennisance River View and the Hampton inn downtown have Park and cruise packages. They have shuttles, River View is free both ways, I heard the Hampton charges a small fee per person. They both are in walking distance. check out each of them.

When you park at Admiral Semmes Hotel, do you have to go to hotel registeration for parking payment, or just go to the parking and pay when you pick up the car?

Also when you drop your peers at the cruise terminal anog with bags, is it too crowded to return for parking back to the hotel. Any advice if I should drop them at terminal or nearby any other place so that I dont get stuck in traffic.

Thanks

Anwer

if you are staying there..parking, hotel, and the shuttle comes with the package, also b'fast (used to)..so check ( I dont know the price)

if you are doing the drop/drive to garage/walk package/:D..you are strictly a garage customer..$7 a day. has nothing to do with the hotel, as it is the county pk lot, not the hotels. If you wish to do a drive thru to activate your pass, you will have to check w/attendent for coming back to park...I dont know if the system knows you are leaving for good, or just out for a drive, and saves a space to park, if you arv back about 10 or so. I always do the shuttle, so I dont know. You can call the hotel..251 432 8000.

if you want the garage/shuttle deal, round trip...I always arrive around 8:15 if it is a Monday departure, as the townies park there on a monthly fee basis, and spaces fill early. If you sail on a Sat departure, a 9:00 arrival is good...when you get into town, turn on Joachim st from Gov't St, the front of the hotel is at that corner. the front door is just after you turn there. Pull up under the portico, and unload your bags, go to the hotel desk and ask for the parking /shuttle pkg. Make sure you are put on the shuttle list, you pay, and you get the park receipt, for the window, as well as your CC receipt. then they take your bags to stow in the bag room. You can go find breakfast, or have it there in Olivers. There are lots of usual places down Gov't street to eat. Go back after b'fast, park and wait in the lobby for Mr. George to load the bags and other cruzers. The 1st shuttle leaves about 10:45, unless boat has lateness issues, they always know about that.

If you leave the property to eat, remember if Monday, places fill early. There is a McD's not too far west on the rt side of Gov't..you might arv earlier, and do that 1st b4 parking. Bring a book, or the daily news while you wait in the lobby..or explore the downtown on foot. The lobby has a nice waiting area. The term will not let anyone in to drop til about 10:30 if it is a usual day.

Taxi cab is same as the park and shuttle price...remember, Mardi Gras time park is more $$..was $20 more this season..so it was the same price as term parking for a 5 day. If your park tik is an in and out..you can park under the freeway till 10-ish, go down the block, line up for the drop off line..unload..go bk to the garage, then walk to term to meet your party..dont forget to have the drivers docs with the driver, so he/she can get in!!!!

hope this make sense to you..and I have covered all the issues you might have. If not...ask again..luckyCRUZER

Microtel?

Yep, that's it!! They had Chevy Tahoes and took us when ever we wanted to leave and then gave my husband a cell phone number and when we got off the ship he called and they were already on their way to pick us up!!!!

Luckycruiser,

Thanks. I will go for park and walk to terminal and would like to pay only $35 for 5 days. Is this county or city parking quite close to the hotel? By any chance do you know what is this garage called. Is it right on the Government Street?

Radisson Admiral Semmes Hotel

251 Government Street

Mobile, AL

Thanks

Anwer

go around hotel on Joachim, turn...u will pass the out gate..turn rt..Jackson, i think for entry..get a tik..enter, park..go down to street..walk toward the water. be sure to have your docs in hand, and your roll-a-boards...and a big smile!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Lucky: About how far is the walk from the parking garage to the terminal? Doable with roller luggage? Thanks.

It is approx. a 3/4 mile/15 minute walk. We have done it numerous times with rolling luggage. We usually arrive at about 10:30 a.m. on Monday and have never had trouble finding a spot in the garage. When you walk to terminal building you must enter where the cars are entering. The car exit is the closer opening but they won't let you use it.

• 6 years later...

We are staying at Hampton In Historic District the night before our cruise. They have a cruise package that was like $38 more than room alone and only $29 more if you add in 1 night parking at hotel ($9) that is included in package. For cruise duration you park at port--- the hotel sets everything up.

• 2 weeks later...

The closest options are the cruise terminal, of course, or the parking garage at Joachim and Church Sts. It's about half the price of the terminal parking and about a 15 minute easy walk. You could drop your bags at the terminal and have someone go park and then they will just have to walk back to the terminal to meet up.

The closest options are the cruise terminal, of course, or the parking garage at Joachim and Church Sts. It's about half the price of the terminal parking and about a 15 minute easy walk. You could drop your bags at the terminal and have someone go park and then they will just have to walk back to the terminal to meet up.

I've read that the luggage drop off area and the port parking areas get really crowded. If we opt for the parking garage what time would you suggest we get there to drop off our luggage and then go to the parking garage to try and avoid the crowds? We are scheduled for check in between 11:30 and 12 I believe.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I'm told we can park in the Civic Center parking lot for cheap, and walk. Going in a few weeks, I'll let you guys know what we end up doing!

Hi! Can you update us all regarding the civic center parking or whichever option that you chose?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums