March Star Flyer St Marten

elklemi

I am scheduled on Star Flyer in March sailing out of St. Marten, I called and they said it will be no problem even with the after effects of Irma but it seems that this trip may be in jeopardy due to the terrible damage on St Marten and airport and surrounding islands. Do others have my concerns or is March far enough in the future that conditions will permit this cruise to happen?

We are scheduled on Feb 17th and I received the same answer today when I called Star Clipper. We love St Martin and are heart-broken to see the pictures from the destruction Irma left. However, these islanders need tourists and that's just what we plan on doing. The Heineken Regatta is scheduled March 1-4 and that means that hotels and restaurants must be open. Even though our resort has been severely damaged, we will wait and see what will be our options closer to flying out 4 days before the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

I sent email and asked about our cruise and got a reply that they are looking at all options and will make a decision as quickly as possible and will inform all guests asap. I am waiting before booking air and hotel if needed and hear airport will open soon but wonder if hotels will be available, good thing is we still have months and hopefully things will improve quickly in the next few months.