What happened to the guest laundry?

BasandSyb

Hi there

We have just booked our 5th cruise on the PG, but haven't been on board since 2012.

What has happened to the guest laundry? I can't see it on the deck plans and have been reading on CC about laundry packages. Can anyone bring me up to date please?

We have had some bad experiences across ship laundries with regular clothes being damaged (unfortunately each of the "luxury" brand ones which you would think have the experience to know better and less throughput). Therefore, I have some items I prefer to wash myself and only put the really hardy items in the bag for collection.

Not that I want to hand wash while on holidays, but I will if I have to. But what about an iron?

Thanks in advance.:eek:

There's never been a guest laundry on the PG, at least not in my experience and I first sailed her in 2000. They do take good care of most items that they launder for you. Of course, if you have something really precious, I wouldn't trust them either, and I do handwash items myself sometimes.

Thanks Wendy. I was sure I could see it my minds eye and remembered using machines... My husband thinks I'm remembering the little Seabourn triplets.

Oh well, I will just have to take my laundry pack for the delicates.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

We used the guest laundry package and loved it! Best money spent on the seas! They were very careful of our items. You must book prior to leaving for the cruise but pay on board. The ship will require that you acknowledge that this is an extra you must pay for. It is cheaper than sending out pieces. One can request the items be returned folded or on hangers.

• 3 months later...