Escape Margaritaville now has a cover charge?

QuickieGlenn

All reports if this charge on the Breakaway had the same result.....empty tables! I thought that maybe they were trying it out at $15, then might lower it to something that could fill a few tables like 7.99.

Now to hear this on the Escape. I am so confused by this weird strategy:confused:

Wasn't Margaritaville always an a la carte restaurant?

The first one was complimentary, but guess they had too long of lines. Then they priced their food items individually. Consensus of many of us who have been there is that a set price of $15 or more per person just isn't worth it for the food choices you get.

Pretty sure it was a a la carte on the Getaway...this thread was the first I heard of it being free on the Escape.....or are you talking it was free if you have the dining plan?

It was ORIGINALLY free on the Escape for the first few cruises. We were excited to go there but by the time of our first Escape cruise they had changed it to individually priced items. When many of us first booked the cruise it was listed as a complimentary venue.

It was ORIGINALLY free on the Escape for the first few cruises. We were excited to go there but by the time of our first Escape cruise they had changed it to individually priced items. When many of us first booked the cruise it was listed as a complimentary venue.

I was the same way.

It was complimentary when I booked (before the ship was built).

It was complimentary for the first few cruises.

By the time I got there, it was a la carte BUT I had the UDP so I didn't really care.

Now, the choice is either pay the cover charge or waste a SDP......neither is going to happen.

This may be a way of NCL getting out of some deal with Margaritaville. If nobody shows, NCL has the right to eliminate the place and build something else?

Edited by Two Wheels Only

This may be a way of NCL getting out of some deal with Margaritaville. If nobody shows, NCL has the right to eliminate the place and build something else?

I was wondering the same thing - if there is a revenue minimum built into the agreement with options.

Regardless it has been poor execution of a good idea.

Many of us booked when it was complementary and while I certainly understand and recognize the need for a profit margin and decreased waste, $16.99 is excessive. We didn't try Margaritaville on our first Escape cruise and for our upcoming cruise were considering lunch or a snack of conch fritters or nachos, but that no longer appears to be an option.

Have never sailed Carnival but friends advise the Guy Fieri burger joints are complementary and very good. The reviews of the Vista Havana suites are tempting me to consider that option or MSC

Wonder if the Margaritaville complementary Haven first day lunch has also been eliminated?

Wonder how the Margaritaville on Harvest Cay is working out?

Edited by 17cruisesnsl
typo

Sitting on the Escape right now looking at the Freestyle Daily and it is listed as a $16.95 cover 12p-5p. Complimentary for breakfast (for whatever that's worth :rolleyes:).
It's always been an overflow restaurant for breakfast, similar to O'Sheehans.