Help me ch

Linda87

Please help me choose which dress for formal night. It's our 30th anniversary. My husband will wear a tux. He's a formal kind of person. I have taken my fat body all over my small town and this is the best of my options.

I like the pink one. I think it is more flattering and you could probably get more uses out of it. But, as others have said, you have to pick the one you are most comfortable with.

I agree. I think the pink is a better color for you and more flattering. I also think it is more stylish and youthful.

Decisions! Decisions! It would be a dull world if we all thought the same!

Congratulations on your anniversary.

Thank you all for the sweet words of encouragement. I went with the 2nd dress. Everyone called it black, but in real life it's called smoke and is a gray with some dark blue tones. Actually that's another thing I like about it. I don't wear much pure black and this will go with the shoes I already have. The dress is getting shortened at the alterations place now. Being 5 feet even is a trial. This dress was a petite and I still have to have it hemmed.

I wish I could have gotten them both, but it's not in the budget. I already have a short formal dress that I plan to wear for the 2nd formal night.

I cannot wait to go on this cruise and wear this dress!!!

Thank you all for the sweet words of encouragement. I went with the 2nd dress. Everyone called it black, but in real life it's called smoke and is a gray with some dark blue tones. Actually that's another thing I like about it. I don't wear much pure black and this will go with the shoes I already have. The dress is getting shortened at the alterations place now. Being 5 feet even is a trial. This dress was a petite and I still have to have it hemmed.

I wish I could have gotten them both, but it's not in the budget. I already have a short formal dress that I plan to wear for the 2nd formal night.

I actually thought the dress looked like a smokey blue-gray, but everyone was saying black so I went with the flow. Have a great cruise and make sure to come back and post photos of you and your husband all dolled up on formal night! I'd love to wear a gown sometime, but don't know if I could get my husband into a tux!

I thought blue/gray also, and it looks lovely to go with a tux.

You might want to consider thrift stores for dresses too. I'm always surprised what I can find that is formal (usually doesn't fit), but not just a prom dress.

• 1 month later...