Muse: course-by-course room service?

unfathomable

Thanks for the response. Perhaps I should have been clearer:

"On Muse, is it now possible to order from the Atlantide or Indochine menu (whether or not this can be served course-by-course), or is your choice still limited to the regular room service menu only?"

Thanks for the response. Perhaps I should have been clearer:

"On Muse, is it now possible to order from the Atlantide or Indochine menu (whether or not this can be served course-by-course), or is your choice still limited to the regular room service menu only?"

My bad. I have not been a guest on Muse yet (tho I did tour the lovely ship) and did not consider the fact that there is no Restaurant on Muse (nor will there be on Spirit shortly). So your question is even more interesting: Will there be any dinner options for in-suite consumption other than those on room service menu?

A related question: In (the good olde) days of a Restaurant, the next day's menus were delivered along with Chronicles each evening. Are any menus being distributed on Muse?

I haven’t seen a next day menu for quite a while. A long time ago, delivery of the menus, the night before was standard, but then a few years ago, you had to request the menus. We never did..basically we either went to the MDR, sometimes very tired from long days of touring, and usually not looking so great, we ordered off the cabin service menu. When we were too tired to go to the MDR, we really only wanted a very simple delivery and a movie. I’ll check this situation out on my upcoming voyage.

Next day Restaurant lunch and dinner menus were available on request in the fall. Mine were delivered every evening. Silversea reserved the right to change the provisional menu, and in a few instances items on the advance menu did not appear on the menu the next day.

But that's on a ship that still had a Restaurant! :)

We just finished a trip on the Muse. You can only order from the room service menu and it is not served course by course. Your butler will bring it all at once and just stack it up in covered plates. When you are done you call and he/she will come and remove the dirty dishes. There is no need to see the next days restaurant menu as it never changes, by the end of the first week I could order without looking, got very boring! As a side note you may order from the room service menu from any place on the ship at any time so if you are sitting by the pool and want a steak at 10am just ask! Atlantide is open for lunch everyday and the menu changes daily for lunch so some days we pretended it was dinner just to break the monotony.

We just finished a trip on the Muse. You can only order from the room service menu and it is not served course by course. Your butler will bring it all at once and just stack it up in covered plates. When you are done you call and he/she will come and remove the dirty dishes. There is no need to see the next days restaurant menu as it never changes, by the end of the first week I could order without looking, got very boring! As a side note you may order from the room service menu from any place on the ship at any time so if you are sitting by the pool and want a steak at 10am just ask! Atlantide is open for lunch everyday and the menu changes daily for lunch so some days we pretended it was dinner just to break the monotony.

How can the top Management of a luxury cruise line make such a complete mess of the dining arrangements on the latest vessel they have launched.Room service sounds great if you enjoy cold food having had all three plus courses delivered together.This has never happened on any other SS ship in 20 years of excellent cruising with SS.Sadly will be giving the Muse a miss and hope they do not Musify the rest of the SS fleet!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, agree. We were on the Muse for 28 days several months ago. You can only order from a room service menu that is fixed menu and never changes. So boring and it is not served course by course just dropped off as a previous poster stated. They claim it is because there is no main dining room so this is the option. Really unacceptable for a luxury cruise line. But, one thing you can do is special order a meal of your choice at least 24 hours before. If the chef can create what you order, they will deliver it to your room but will not serve it course by course.

This news is very disappointing.

The room service menu is fine for lunch and snacks. But not, please, for dinner. Another of Silversea's gourmet burgers (that are underwhelming for me)?

I rarely order dinner course by course. I don't want to put the butler to the trouble (and I don't fancy those interruptions). But it's nice to have the option, and I believe one should on a luxury line with universal butler service like Silversea.

There is not an option to be served course by course in the traditional sense. The butler will bring the entire order to your room and will serve it to you course by course if you want but he/she does not go back to the kitchen to secure each course. Thus your baked Alaska is melting and your soup and entree are getting cold. Again, not acceptable for a supposed luxury line. We returned to Regent and Seabourn where luxury service is expected and received.

Very well said Brimary - another example of Silversea completely reinventing the Word ' Luxury '.

We will be on The Muse for 3 weeks in September and will now Cross Off any thought of In Suite Dining and merely Clog Up their Reservation System with Bookings and make an attempt to try the Atlantide Restaurant on some evenings ( If I can get a Table ???? ).

We are also on The ' New ' Spirit in July and will await its Dining with some interest.

I wonder if Manfredi would have his In Suite Dining stacked up, getting cold if he is on board ?

I now wonder how The Butlers spend their time ??

Edited by Mayflower1
Spelling

Very well said Brimary - another example of Silversea completely reinventing the Word ' Luxury '.

We will be on The Muse for 3 weeks in September and will now Cross Off any thought of In Suite Dining and merely Clog Up their Reservation System with Bookings and make an attempt to try the Atlantide Restaurant on some evenings ( If I can get a Table ???? ).

We are also on The ' New ' Spirit in July and will await its Dining with some interest.

I wonder if Manfredi would have his In Suite Dining stacked up, getting cold if he is on board ?

I now wonder how The Butlers spend their time ??

Hi Mayflower,Hope you enjoy your upcoming cruises on Spirit and Muse and look forward to seeing your reliable views on the various dining issues regularly being raised regarding the fleets two largest and newest ships.We continue to be boring oldies with our bookings for 2018/2019 being 55 days on our favourite but ageing Wind.Hope you are both well and thoroughly enjoy your 2018 cruises!

. We are also on The ' New ' Spirit in July and will await its Dining with some interest.

Which Silver Spirit cruise will you be on? We'll be on the 7/24 Copenhagen to Stockholm cruise (via the Gulf of Bothnia to some very small ports), and there are only 3 couples on our roll call. J & J

Hi Joanandjoe - Sorry but we will miss you as we are on the 7th July Stockholm to Copenhagen - we will try and leave the Ship in good shape for you - Have a great Cruise.

You are probably very sensible in your Choices Brimary but regrettably things seem to be moving in the wrong direction I am afraid with the Top Brass at Silversea continuing to Plough ahead regardless of Feedback. With all the other ' Luxury ' tonnage coming on stream it may be a risky Policy ? ( they have made some changes to the Muse Dining but there still appear to be Issues ).

We look forward to meeting up again on The Wind in June 2019 and you may be assured that I will Post our Personal Observations following our Spirit and Muse Cruises - Good & Bad !!!!. We hope you are both well.

Now on The Shadow, and they are delivering the next days’ lunch and dinner menus at turn down. Didn’t have to request them..much appreciated..it’s a nice touch.

Very glad to hear this, CruisinPashmina. They did not do this last month on the Wind, and I was too much of a newbie to know I could ask for it. I try to make my dining choices carefully, and having the menus will help ... next up, Shadow in Feb 2019.

I'm enjoying your trip reports on the other thread as well. Fair winds!

Now on The Shadow, and they are delivering the next days’ lunch and dinner menus at turn down. Didn’t have to request them..much appreciated..it’s a nice touch.

That's because the Shadow is a normal ship. The Muse is an upscale sailing food court.

That's certainly new and didn't happen on the previous sailing to yours.

Over the years, I've been on some cruises that delivered the next day's menus at turndown - there never seemed any logic to if it happened or not.

OK, maybe they should be available if you want them and ask your butler for them, but for those of us who don't, it's an even more appalling waste of paper than usual. I so wish there was an option for not having the daily deluge of paper that I mostly transfer directly to the trash. Just make the Chronicles available on my iPad, and save the paper - one can dream ...