I read many post about NEW YORK

I am looking for some Inside tips

What i should not miss. This 2018.

Also where to eat

We will be there for 4 days this may.

In Jersey City.

Thank you all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

May need a little more info here? What are your interests? History, art, shopping? Pizza, Indian, seafood? Michelin starred dining experiences or good places to eat?

If I suggest the Met, and you’re not into art, that won’t help you much. I will happily recommend Le Bernadin to any foodie, but if you’re looking for great fish and chips under $50, that ain’t it. So, give us a little more to work with.

May need a little more info here? What are your interests? History, art, shopping? Pizza, Indian, seafood? Michelin starred dining experiences or good places to eat?

If I suggest the Met, and you’re not into art, that won’t help you much. I will happily recommend Le Bernadin to any foodie, but if you’re looking for great fish and chips under $50, that ain’t it. So, give us a little more to work with.

Hi.

I would like a good steak house,

Mayte a good japanese buffet?

A hole in The wall restaurant.

I read also about several michelin start restaurant but not sure which one i would choose.

I can eat in local places and Also i a very good ones.

Also a market Maybe chealsea?

I love The opera, shopping and sightseeing

I have read a Lot about NYC but i am looking for Inside tips.

Thank you all

Born and raised in nyc now visit every year , for steak we found the very famous delmonicos amazing , one of the oldest restaurants in nyc ( but changed locations a few times ) it been visited by lots of presidents and celebrities. We ordered a filet mignon , menu did not say the size , we received a perfectly cooked huge steak, asked waiter how big they were and he said between 12 and 14 ounces , will visit again. It is in the wall st area in lower Manhattan .

In The Westin Jersey.

Not sure is a good location.

Also I will have a car.

Give us more details about your plans. What ship and date are you sailing? Two people? Your exact date can affect the things you choose to do in NYC.

I have no problem with staying at the Westin, particularly if you're sailing from Cape Liberty. They do charge for parking. The Newport PATH station is nearby, so you can easily get to either midtown or downtown Manhattan. However, the PATH schedule is different on Sat and Sun requiring a transfer at Grove St to get downtown, so if you're there over a weekend you might want to do your downtown activities on a weekday and your midtown activities on the weekend.

http://www.panynj.gov/path/maps-schedules.html

In NYC try to walk to a number of the attractions that interest you. For a greater distance don't hesitate to take a subway (there are many lines) and a city bus if you want a slow ride. Cabs and Uber do get bogged down in traffic ... especially mid-town.

Leave your car at the hotel. Take the PATH train into the city. I like Exchange Place station. $2.75 and a four minute ride will put you at the base of the world trade center. The observation deck of One World Trade is awesome. There is also a restaurant at the top of the tower. The museum and memorial make a good day of it all. multiple subway lines are there so you can get anywhere you want.

Leave your car at the hotel. Take the PATH train into the city. I like Exchange Place station. $2.75 and a four minute ride will put you at the base of the world trade center. The observation deck of One World Trade is awesome. There is also a restaurant at the top of the tower. The museum and memorial make a good day of it all. multiple subway lines are there so you can get anywhere you want.

There was a approx 25 dollar cost for elevator ride, but. If it is a clear day I think it is worth it, there was no line for this when we did it and ride was great . I would pre buy tickets to museum , I would make sure you had a few hours for this. Trinity church is a couple of blocks away , it is hundreds of years old, also a few blocks away is Frances tavern where George Washington gave is farewell address. Also ferry for Statue of Liberty and Ellis island.

Give us more details about your plans. What ship and date are you sailing? Two people? Your exact date can affect the things you choose to do in NYC.

I have no problem with staying at the Westin, particularly if you're sailing from Cape Liberty. They do charge for parking. The Newport PATH station is nearby, so you can easily get to either midtown or downtown Manhattan. However, the PATH schedule is different on Sat and Sun requiring a transfer at Grove St to get downtown, so if you're there over a weekend you might want to do your downtown activities on a weekday and your midtown activities on the weekend.

http://www.panynj.gov/path/maps-schedules.html

Will be for 4 days in May.

Thank you very much

Tourists tend to spend time on the West side of Manhattan. I advise the East side.

The United Nations

Metropolitan Museum of Art

Guggenheim Museum

If you want to do something totally different for $5 you can board a bus (commuter not tour) that will take you to Brooklyn .If you take the BM 3 you will wind up in Sheepshead Bay .There is a walking bridge to Manhattan Beach which has great restaurants and is very scenic.

The bus to Brooklyn stops on Fifth Ave and E.46 St.

Tourists tend to spend time on the West side of Manhattan. I advise the East side.

The United Nations

Metropolitan Museum of Art

Guggenheim Museum

If you want to do something totally different for $5 you can board a bus (commuter not tour) that will take you to Brooklyn .If you take the BM 3 you will wind up in Sheepshead Bay .There is a walking bridge to Manhattan Beach which has great restaurants and is very scenic.

The bus to Brooklyn stops on Fifth Ave and E.46 St.

Thanks for sharing.

Tony

... If you take the BM 3 you will wind up in Sheepshead Bay .There is a walking bridge to Manhattan Beach which has great restaurants and is very scenic. The bus to Brooklyn stops on Fifth Ave and E.46 St.

Do note the BM3 is an NYC Transit Express Bus it is $6.50 exact change or MetroCard, not $5. It runs weekdays and Saturday during rush hours only and is split into 3 services. Midtown Express, Downtown Express and All Stops.

I do suggest the east side you have the 3 Museums mentioned they are all on the Museum Mile which is 8 museums in one mile all easy walking to along Central Park

https://www.ny.com/museums/mile.html

I am looking for Inside tips about a bar with good food...

Manhattan, Jersey, Brooklyn? $100, $200, $500??? What are you looking for in the bar???

Not trying to be a jerk, but that's such a wide open question in the NYC metro area as to not be worth answering. For instance, some of the Michelin starred restaurants have no reservation required lounges with great food. And priced accordingly.

Give us a little more to work with again.