Which is the better cruise with kids (10 and under)

jlk51496

So I have been on a number of cruises with my family as a kid and with my husband as an adult.

Now as a mom of 3 (10 and under) we have only been on a Disney cruise with them.

We are ready for another. We are looking at Royal carribean or NCL.

Which one is better for kids. We were spoiled with the Disney cruise. Looking to have all the bells and whistles that will blow out family away!

Thanks

So I have been on a number of cruises with my family as a kid and with my husband as an adult.

Now as a mom of 3 (10 and under) we have only been on a Disney cruise with them.

We are ready for another. We are looking at Royal carribean or NCL.

Which one is better for kids. We were spoiled with the Disney cruise. Looking to have all the bells and whistles that will blow out family away!

Thanks

Try one of RCI's Oasis class or Freedom class ships...I think you and your family will be glad you did.

Mine are 9 and 7 and we’ve been on Liberty of the Seas (2017)and Carnival Splendor (2016). This year we’re going on Allure of the Seas. They enjoyed both cruises. They liked the swimming pools on Royal (slightly bigger and standard pool water. Carnival ship had ocean water pools which they didn’t like) but preferred the kids camp on carnival. There was more to do on the royal ship. They did like the ice show and the aerial acrobatic show. On carnival they had a family game show which my dd ended up winning and she loved every minute of it. I think they watched one other show with us on carnival and the rest of the time they wanted to be in the kids club.

My kids have honestly liked every cruise they've taken. Of the lines we've sailed, HAL and Cunard had

less for children than Princess or NCL, but honestly I think your kids would be happy with any newer RC or NCL ship. I'd look at itinerary and price.

How are the kids’ clubs!?

On the Disney cruise - my kids didn’t want to leave and I kind of liked them open until midnight - so they could go there after dinner and my husband and I could enjoy a drink or two. I hear the NCL is only open until 10 - (not sure about RC) which doesn’t leave a lot of time if you have an 8pm dinner!

It's an either/or thing...all of the bigger ships will have PLENTy for everyone! I would choose by price, size of cabin (or cabins!!! with 5, you might need 2 cabins!) and ports.

The lady at NCL told me the new ship BLISS has ocean view rooms that for 5 Whoohoo! Cruise line cabins are def not made for family of five! Haha

Luckily we will probably be traveling with my parents so I will prob just book my youngest on paper with my parents

Hi everyone...my DD of 8 years had just did her 5th cruise. She has some anxiety issues and challenges in learning but is awesome ambassador for canada. That said we as a family have tried them all...including the mouse. The last ship a 6 weeks ago was NCL Epic. Since you did the mouse I can assume you don't mind paying extra on a vacation. May I suggest NCL but only in the haven and on the getaway bliss or epic. For the money it was beyond worth it for the whole family. My DD is a pool nut and having a pool shared by 50 Instead of 5000 was beyond nice. But above this... the service was the best we had. Example..as canadians we love our popcorn. Yet NCL doesn't normally carry it as a snack on board. Our Stewart found this out and on his one day off he went to market in Jamaica and bought a box of microwave popcorn so dd had some every night remaining...every place we ate or sat was an example of kindness and care. But due to size and people...please look at the 2 bedroom in the haven and all you get for value

Sent from my SM-G950W using Forums mobile app

Hi everyone...my DD of 8 years had just did her 5th cruise. She has some anxiety issues and challenges in learning but is awesome ambassador for canada. That said we as a family have tried them all...including the mouse. The last ship a 6 weeks ago was NCL Epic. Since you did the mouse I can assume you don't mind paying extra on a vacation. May I suggest NCL but only in the haven and on the getaway bliss or epic. For the money it was beyond worth it for the whole family. My DD is a pool nut and having a pool shared by 50 Instead of 5000 was beyond nice. But above this... the service was the best we had. Example..as canadians we love our popcorn. Yet NCL doesn't normally carry it as a snack on board. Our Stewart found this out and on his one day off he went to market in Jamaica and bought a box of microwave popcorn so dd had some every night remaining...every place we ate or sat was an example of kindness and care. But due to size and people...please look at the 2 bedroom in the haven and all you get for value

Sent from my SM-G950W using Forums mobile app

I’m sure the haven is great, but we’ve cruised on 4 NCL ships with our 5 kids at different ages, and we all enjoyed them, even in just balconies.