Cruise with 2 year old while 6 months pregnant

My husband and I are expecting a new LO in December and are trying to come up with trip ideas to take before it’s born. We love to travel and are considering a cruise hoping it’s the easiest way to achieve a little relaxation before baby 2. Our 2 year old is not in daycare and has separation anxiety any time we put her in a nursery at church or anywhere like it. She also is a crib sleeper still.

We’ve had a lot of people try to talk us out of a cruise but we keep coming back to it.

Is cruising with a 2 year old worth it? We know she wouldn’t be able to go in the pool as she’s not yet potty trained but we’re hoping she’d get excited about Carnival Kids Camp as she LOVES other children and all the other stimulation on the ships.

Also concerned about sleeping arrangements. She’s too big for pack n play, but needs something with rails to keep her from falling out of bed. Where do they sleep in this transition stage?

Any of you who have cruised with Carnival with a 2 year old, I’d love to hear how your LOs did! Momma seriously needs a vacation!!!!

A cruise will be the same as any vacation....no worries! Carnival does provide cribs, and there is no rule that kids must go to the clubs/nursery! You will do what you do at home, but on a ship, in a gorgeous place! Do bear in mind that diapered kids are NOT allowed in any pool on the ship, so be prepared for that. Also, cabins only have showers, unless you're in a suite, so a blow-up tub might be useful for bathing AND "splashing" at the pool!

It's a vacation...as a family, you take your kids! That's how it's done! So, go and enjoy!

Some folk simply turn the sofa around, so the wall, arms and back of the sofa keep the child "in"!

Still have the same questions about 2 year old cruising... :D

When we cruised with our 2 year old he refused to sleep in the pack n play and ended up sleeping in the bed with us. Definitely not what we had planned, but it worked just fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If your Carnival cabin has a couch, it will not have a back, just bolsters that are removed and a mattress placed on top.

enhance

enhance

If you are afraid of your child rolling off the bed, you could ask the steward to just put the mattress on the floor. EM

We just did Oasis of the Seas with our son and his wife and granddaughters who were almost 3.5 and 18 months. We brought our own Pack N Play so that we could have one in each cabin. We ended up having the 3.5 year old sleep in our cabin in the Pack N Play each night. Even though she is a pretty tall child, she wanted to sleep there, and had no issues at all with the size. So my question is are you sure that your two year old would be too big for the crib?

We cruised last year when our kiddos had just turned 3 and 2. We're cruising again next month and they'll be 3 and 2 and I'll be 18 weeks pregnant. We love it. It's actually our vacation of choice (besides Disney World) for our toddlers. It's cheap and so easy. Everything is right there on the ship so no driving anywhere and no lugging heavy beach chairs and toys back and forth like you would if you did a beach trip or something. Our kids love it too. They don't do the kids camp too much and really just like to spend time with us. We have a great time!

We did it when our son is 18 months and now again he is 3 and I’m pregnant. It was great! We brought our own pack and play because I get weirded out by germs lol. Tip is to have a great umbrella stroller that reclines for naps. We found eating in the dining room for breakfast and lunch was easier than the buffet; that way one of us doesn’t have to sit at the table with the little one while the other gets all the food. It’s nice to have everything in one place and not have to worry about being far from the room

Sent from my iPhone using Forums