A question on Azamara Passages certificates

excitedofharpenden

I wonder if anyone has experience of using either the Reserved or Open Passage certificate specifically for a guarantee cabin? I’ve friends who have booked a cruise and are being told they aren’t combinable with GTY fares which is news to me. I’d appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

Phil

I wonder if anyone has experience of using either the Reserved or Open Passage certificate specifically for a guarantee cabin? I’ve friends who have booked a cruise and are being told they aren’t combinable with GTY fares which is news to me. I’d appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

Phil

Phil,

I’ve never tried using one for a GTY booking but I can’t see anything in the t&c’s that says you can’t.

“OPEN BOOKINGS: Open bookings have no expiration date, do not guarantee stateroom, voyage or cruise price. Once a ship and sail date are selected and booking details finalized, no changes may be made to the ship or sail date. A non-refundable deposit equal to 50% of amount normally required must be paid in your country of residence, per person, and full name for each guest will be required at time of booking.”

Only thing I can think is that either whoever they spoke too misread the t&c’s or if it’s a travel agent it’s one of their special deals at net rates.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Phil,

I’ve never tried using one for a GTY booking but I can’t see anything in the t&c’s that says you can’t.

“OPEN BOOKINGS: Open bookings have no expiration date, do not guarantee stateroom, voyage or cruise price. Once a ship and sail date are selected and booking details finalized, no changes may be made to the ship or sail date. A non-refundable deposit equal to 50% of amount normally required must be paid in your country of residence, per person, and full name for each guest will be required at time of booking.”

Only thing I can think is that either whoever they spoke too misread the t&c’s or if it’s a travel agent it’s one of their special deals at net rates.

John, the first thing I did was to go and read the t&cs and they are vague once you get to a point. It goes on to say ask for full details for the U.K. & ROI when making the booking on the ship. I remember my emails with Richard Twynam a while back when I was being told by the call centre that they weren’t combinable with certain fares of which mine was one and it turned out the only restrictions were things like Interline rates. So they were applied in the end.

I looked under the t&cs for GTY bookings where you’d think it would say "not combinable with Passages certificates" if it was the case, but it doesn’t. Only that guarantees don’t qualify for the LCV upgrade program.

Just wondering if anyone has had occasion to try them on a guarantee cabin.

Phil

GTYs are now called BOOK PAY SAVE. And I’ve found out they are not combineable with anything. This is from the T&C’s (formatting is mine.)

Book. Pay. Save. Offer: All rates are per person, based on double occupancy, cruise only, in USD, subject to availability, and for new reservations only. All rates, savings offers and itineraries are subject to change without notice. Savings offers may be withdrawn at any time. This Book. Pay. Save. Offer, or Cruise Only Guarantee pricing, is limited to stateroom category type and is based on available inventory. This offer is not combinable with any other offers, promotions, and groups.”

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/luxury-cruise-deals/book-pay-save

Thanks Bonnie. I wasn't aware the term "guarantee" had been changed. Another new one to learn. I do wonder whether they are done to confuse.

I have to say I am disappointed in this. My friends have booked a balcony and an OV as solo occupancy, but certainly aren't getting a fantastically low deal on the cabin. The balcony is costing the equivalent of nearly $6000 equivalent (they are from the UK too). These last minute cruises are for the end of August so final payment hasn't been made yet.

I'm not shooting the messenger here. I really feel that Azamara and their pricing tricks are really getting a bit silly. I have never had this issue in the past and now they are there to catch you out at every turn. I'd also point out that under the t & cs for book, pay, save it does say that they aren't available for the LCV upgrade program (which I can understand), but it doesn't saying anything about not being able to be used for Azamara Passages, another LCV benefit so perhaps the wording should be changed. As I said I am very disappointed.

Phil

Ok, an update on this. After I advised my friends to email Richard Twynam they have at last received a response confirming Azamara Passages certificates can be used against a GTY booking. Apparently they were declined first of all because the systems didn’t recognise the term "cruise later". So all's well that ends well and it was worth an email to clarify.

Phil

Thanks Phil for posting. So are you saying Post 7 isn’t correct? Just wondering whether to buy a certificate after all in case we do a last minute this year. I’d previously discounted the idea if it wasn’t combinable in the UK

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks Phil for posting. So are you saying Post 7 isn’t correct? Just wondering whether to buy a certificate after all in case we do a last minute this year. I’d previously discounted the idea if it wasn’t combinable in the UK

It would appear not. I’ve asked my friend for a copy of the email from Richard Twynam so that I can see exactly what it’s about.

Phil

I also have different question about an Open Passage certificate.

When I purchased the certificate I assigned it to a travel agent that I was currently using. I would now like to make a change from the existing travel agent shown on the form to another preferred agent. Is this possible and how do I go about making that happen?

Thanks,

Pat