AMA Safari Final Documents

Host Jazzbeau

Just got the final documents package from AMA and I am impressed. In the past we received one zip case containing luggage tags and various documents but this is much more impressive, starting with the packaging:

47a8da28b3127cce9854af2fd26500000010100AcM2rVy1ct23A

Inside were two pouches:

47a8da28b3127cce9854af2c535600000010100AcM2rVy1ct23A

The small one contained the documents:

47a8da28b3127cce9854af2a535000000010100AcM2rVy1ct23A

And the large one has a shoulder strap for use as a purse:

47a8da28b3127cce9854af2dd26700000010100AcM2rVy1ct23A

Everything you could need is included in the documents: vouchers for the hotels and the ship [i'm sure these won't actually be needed, but they're good to have], tickets for the internal flights, two $25 OBC credits [unexpected bonus], ticket contract, future cruise form [5% discount + $100 past guest discount + loyalty upgrade benefit]. Also a Welcome Aboard booklet with answers to dozens of questions; an Itinerary Guide booklet with details for every day including things like having $30 cash plus 2 empty passport pages for the Zimbabwe entry visa; and a Discover Africa destination guide with articles and maps about the areas we will visit.

Altogether a very impressive package that fits with the expected luxury level of this trip [we start at the Cape Grace Hotel in CapeTown, which is one of the top luxury hotels there]. Counting down the days!

Is that a faux (I hope) fur blanket? Wishing you a great southern Africa trip!

Thom

Thanks. It's actually wrapping paper! No animals [but probably some trees] were harmed in the making of these photos!

Hi Jazzbeau and Jazzbelle,

Enjoy your time in Africa, there is nothing quite like waking up on the Chobe River. I know you have been looking forward to this for some time (after our discussions on Azamara). We have booked the Namibia train journey for 2019. Can't wait to return.

Jan and Tom (Aust)

Hi Jazz:)....so, when is your trip? The documents look really nice:D

Next month!

Hi Jazzbeau and Jazzbelle,

Enjoy your time in Africa, there is nothing quite like waking up on the Chobe River. I know you have been looking forward to this for some time (after our discussions on Azamara). We have booked the Namibia train journey for 2019. Can't wait to return.

Jan and Tom (Aust)

We are looking forward to every part of the itinerary. Finally got around to watching Invictus and really enjoyed all the shots of Cape Town [and it appears they will still have enough water that we can shower while there!]. The Chobe River -- yes! And Victoria Falls! Everything sounds fabulous, and none of the day-long Land Rover rides we would have had on the Great Migration Safari we were toying with :D

I can’t wait to see all the photos

Host Jazz - please give us a detailed report when you return. We're eyeing one of the AMA Africa trips in 2020! Happy travels!!!

I tried to multi-quote all four of these in one answer, but apparently it only works for 2 at a time. [sidebar -- so Celebrity and Azamara's websites aren't the only ones that don't work as well as we would like ;p]

I will definitely do a detailed blog [with DW's notes] and photo report.

Good morning Jazz, I went to the AMA website and pulled up your cruise........the riverboat (ship) LOL......looks

pretty cool:D...........I sailed with AMA back in 2016 and remember the documents were nice, your tote bag is even nicer:D

I tried to multi-quote all four of these in one answer, but apparently it only works for 2 at a time. ...

I will definitely do a detailed blog [with DW's notes] and photo report.

Jazz, there is an easy workaround to the two quote limit. Just multi-quote two posts, then copy that text. Now start a new reply by multi-quoting two more posts, and then paste in the text with the first two quotes. Now you have a thread with four quotes. Repeat as much as you'd like.

Enjoy your trip, and I will be looking forward to your blog as well.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Wondering if AMA has changed their final document package for all their cruises or just yours?

Looking forward to your review.

On my Mekong cruise last year we got everything except the shoulder bag. The luggage tags were even specific to the trip; they showed Angkor Wat.

We are also looking at this cruise for 2019. Cannot wait to hear about your voyage.

My daughter and I have booked "Golden Trails of East Africa" with AMA in May 2019 and anxiously awaiting some first-hand reports!

Patti